|Industry||Software as a service (SaaS), Gamfication|
|Headquarters||Bangalore, India (2018)|
|Johny Jose (CEO & Co-Founder)|
Kumar Harsh (COO & Co-Founder)
Number of employees
|5 (Q1 2018)|
Playlyfe is a software product company headquartered in Bangalore, India.
While working for the student volunteer organization AIESEC Jaipur, Johny Jose struck upon the idea of increasing engagement of its volunteers by using game mechanics. At that time, Johny was pursuing his B.Tech from LNMIIT, Jaipur. He pitched this idea to his batchmates - Kumar Harsh and Bhavya Agarwal, who banded together, and Playlyfe started off in 2011.
After graduating from college in 2012, they continued working on the product in New Delhi. Around the end of that year, Bhavya left to pursue higher education, and the rest of the team went through three iterations of the product, refining the user experience and the mechanics Playlyfe offered. Playlyfe moved base to Bangalore in 2014, where Chitresh Parihar joined as a co-founder.
In 2017, Playlyfe started offering another product, Catalyst, aimed at improving the performance of sales teams.
In the past, Playlyfe offered a developer-focussed platform which lets its users design gamified systems in their browsers, test its effectiveness in a simulation environment, and then integrate the design with their web and mobile apps or websites via Playlyfe's REST API. Its aim was to reduce the barrier to gamification by simplifying the process of designing gamified systems.
Awards and recognitions
It was rated as one of the top 10 enterprise-grade gamification platforms in the world in the Gamification Industry Report compiled by the Enterprise Gamification Consultancy.
- Krishnamurthy, Krithika (5 June 2015). "Playlyfe: the invisible platform that powers gamification in enterprises". ETTech (The Times Group). http://tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/startups/playlyfe-gamification/47552594. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Catalyst - A new and better way to drive your sales team". https://getcatalyst.in/.
- Herger, Mario. "Gamification Industry Report 2015 - Now Available!". Enterprise Gamification Consultancy. http://www.enterprise-gamification.com/index.php?view=article&id=255:gamification-industry-report-2015-now-available&lang=en. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Krishnamurthy, Krithika (5 June 2015). "For the game of life, gamification is the new mantra". Economic Times. Times Network (Bennet Coleman & Co. Ltd.). http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/for-the-game-of-life-gamification-is-the-new-mantra/articleshow/47547726.cms. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "iSPIRT : Indian Software Product Industry Round Table". http://www.ispirt.in/.
- Happy Gamer
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Playlyfe. Read more