Treehouse or (Teamtreehouse) is an online technology school that offers beginner to advanced courses in web design, web development, mobile development and game development taught by team of expert teachers. Its courses are aimed at beginners looking to learn coding skills for a career in the tech industry.
The Treehouse learning program includes videos combined with interactive quizzes and code challenges. Treehouse Tracks are guided curricula, composed of courses that train students in large topic areas. Treehouse for Teams is designed to assist businesses, organizations, schools and community programs in technology training. Companies including Simple and LivingSocial currently use Treehouse to recruit new employees based on their progress and achievements on Treehouse.
In April 2012, Treehouse raised $4.75M in funding. In April 2013, Treehouse closed a US$7 million Series-B fundraising round led by Social+Capital and Kaplan bringing its total raised capital to $12.6 million. In May 2016, Treehouse launched the Techdegree Program, a learning program focused on helping people prepare for a tech career.
Project: Unlock the American Dream
- Train and place 100,000 Americans from diverse backgrounds into Software Engineering Apprenticeships across America
- Empower 100,000 families to raise their incomes by $40,000+
- Unlock high quality healthcare insurance for their families and children
- Support participants for three years after placement so they continue to rise
- Create a quarter of a trillion dollars of wealth for hard-working Americans, their children, their grandchildren and generations to come
- Create zero student debt.
Ryan and Gillian Carson founded Treehouse in 2011, a project that emerged from Carson's previous company, Carsonified, and its video-tutorial service Think Vitamin Membership. Carson decided to redesign and rebrand the service as Treehouse because the name "reflects the wonder of learning as a child." Treehouse's mission is to offer affordable technology education to users globally. In 2011, Treehouse opened their first office in Orlando, Florida, In 2012 they opened their second office and moved Treehouse HQ to Portland, Oregon. In July 2013, Treehouse released its first iPad app for accessing Treehouse's content. Treehouse also released an Android application in 2014 and added a course for Apple's Swift programming language. Carson is currently the active CEO of Treehouse.
The Techdegree Program
In May 2016, Treehouse announced the launch of the Techdegree Program. The Techdegree program is a guided learning program that is designed to help students prepare for entry-level development jobs.
There are currently four Techdegree programs available.
- Front End Web Development
- User Experience (UX) Design
- "Treehouse". Treehouse Island Inc.. http://teamtreehouse.com/library. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Tsotsis, Alexia. "Web Design And Development Community Treehouse Wants To Teach You How To Code, Get You A Job". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2011/11/07/web-design-and-development-community-treehouse-wants-to-teach-you-how-to-code-get-you-a-job/. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- Tsotis, Alexia. "Web Dev Education Startup Treehouse Raises $4.75M From Chamath And Greylock - TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. https://techcrunch.com/2012/04/18/web-dev-education-startup-treehouse-raises-4-75m-from-chamath-and-greylock/. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Empson, Rip. "Treehouse Lands $7M From Kaplan, Social+Capital To Help You Learn To Code". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2013/04/09/treehouse-lands-7m-from-kaplan-socialcapital-to-help-you-learn-to-code/. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Staff, KATU. "Coding school, local hip-hop artist team up for 'Project: Unlock the American Dream'". KATU. https://katu.com/news/local/coding-school-local-hip-hop-artist-team-for-project-unlock-the-american-dream. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Project Unlock the American Dream". Treehouse Island Inc.. https://projectunlocktheamericandream.org/. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Treehouse Blog". Treehouse Island inc.. http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/unlock-awesome-treehouse-rewards. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- May, Tom. "Ryan Carson on Treehouse, FOWA, startups and more!". Creative Bloq. http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/ryan-carson-11116649. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Treehouse: About". https://teamtreehouse.com/about. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Rogoway, Mike. "Online education startup Treehouse says it has raised $4.75 million and will move HQ to Portland". http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2012/04/online_education_startup_treeh.html. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Tomer, Caryn. "Treehouse Launches iPad App; Helps Programmers And Designers Be Job Ready". Techli. http://techli.com/treehouse/. Retrieved 31 Jul 2013.
- Williams, Owen. "Treehouse releases Android app, adds course for Apple’s Swift programming language". The Next Web. https://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/09/17/treehouse-releases-android-app-adds-apple-swift-courses/. Retrieved 17 Sep 2014.
- "Treehouse Introduces Techdegree". http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160510006497/en/Treehouse-Introduces-Techdegree. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Start Your Techdegree | Treehouse" (in en). https://join.teamtreehouse.com/techdegree/.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treehouse (company) was the original source. Read more.