|Type||Privately held company|
|Founder||Paul Arthur Schwarz and Olga Etienne|
In 1902, Paul Arthur Schwarz and his wife Olga Etienne created a fabrique in La Chaux-de-Fonds and its name is a combination of their surnames. The company owned brands such as Venus or Alpha. The brand is acquired in 2003 by Raffaello Radicchi who soon initiated an action a plan to develop and produce movements in-house.
Modern watches of the brand are Haute Horlogerie, manufactured in-house including their movements. At BaselWorld 2017, the brand introduced a Tourbillon with retrograde seconds indication.
- "Novelties". http://www.watchonista.com/2914/watchonista-blog/news/schwarz-etienne-watchmaking-legend-rises-ashes.
- "Discovering Schwarz Etienne, an Integrated Manufacture of Luxury Watches". 27 February 2017. https://monochrome-watches.com/schwarz-etienne-manufacture-discovery.
- "Schwarz Etienne, une start-up centenaire". Le Temps. 19 February 2016. https://www.letemps.ch/economie/2016/02/19/schwarz-etienne-une-start-up-centenaire.
- "TimeZone : Industry News » Basel 2017 - Schwarz Etienne Tourbillon PSR". http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7407530&rid=0.
- Xavier Markl, Monochrome watches, Schwarz Etienne Manufacture discovery
- Flore Amos et Valère Gogniat, Le Temps, Schwarz Etienne Start-up centenaire
- Joel Grandjean, watchonista, watchmaking legend rises from ashes
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarz Etienne. Read more