|A. resinosum Endl.|
The genus is placed alone in family Aphanopetalaceae, which is in turn now placed in order Saxifragales. Until recently this family was placed in Oxalidales, and before that the genus was included in family Cunoniaceae, also within Oxalidales. The type species is Aphanopetalum resinosum. There are two species:
- Aphanopetalum clematideum (Harv.) Domin, endemic to limestone cliffs of south western Australia
- Aphanopetalum resinosum Endl. - gum vine, endemic to southern Queensland and New South Wales
The Aphanopetalaceae are scrambling shrubs with lenticellate stems, having opposite and serrate leaves with minute "stipules". The flowers and inflorescences are axillary. The flowers are essentially without petals, and have four large, white sepals that enlarge when in fruit (which is single-seeded).
- "Aphanopetalum". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government. https://biodiversity.org.au/nsl/services/rest/name/apni/96951.
- Endlicher, S.F.L. in Endlicher, S.F.L. & Fenzl, E. (1839) Novarum Stirpium Decades 5:34 Retrieved 9 September 2019
- "Aphanopetalaceae". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government. https://biodiversity.org.au/nsl/services/rest/name/apni/214618.
- Doweld, A.B. (2001) Tentamen Systematis Plantarum Vascularium (Tracheophyta): xxvii
- Aphanopetalaceae in Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards).
- Christenhusz, M. J. M.; Byng, J. W. (2016). "The number of known plants species in the world and its annual increase". Phytotaxa (Magnolia Press) 261 (3): 201–217. doi:10.11646/phytotaxa.261.3.1. http://biotaxa.org/Phytotaxa/article/download/phytotaxa.261.3.1/20598.
- Kubitzki, K. (2007), Flowering Plants. Eudicots. The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants, Springer, pp. 523, doi:10.1007/978-3-540-32219-1_5, ISBN 978-3-540-32214-6
- "Aphanopetalum". FloraBase. Western Australian Government Department of Parks and Wildlife. https://florabase.dpaw.wa.gov.au/browse/profile/21502.
- "Aphanopetalum". PlantNET - New South Wales Flora Online. http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/NSWfl.pl?page=nswfl&lvl=gn&name=Aphanopetalum. Retrieved 2007-12-03.
- "Aphanopetalum Endl.". Atlas of Living Australia. https://bie.ala.org.au/species/https://id.biodiversity.org.au/node/apni/2920696.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aphanopetalum.|
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphanopetalum. Read more