Java Task Force
In early 2004, the ACM created the Java Task Force (JTF).
To review the Java language, APIs, and tools from the perspective of introductory computing education and to develop a stable collection of pedagogical resources that will make it easier to teach Java to first-year computing students without having those students overwhelmed by its complexity.
- Eric S. Roberts (chair), Stanford University
- Kim Bruce, Pomona College
- Robb Cutler, The Harker School
- James Cross, Auburn University
- Scott Grissom, Grand Valley State University
- Karl Klee, Alfred State College
- Susan H. Rodger, Duke University
- Fran Trees, Drew University
- Ian Utting, University of Kent
- Frank Yellin, Google, Inc.