Software:Rent-a-Hero (1998 video game)
British box cover
Rent-a-Hero is a graphic adventure game developed by the Austrian studio Neo Software (later Rockstar Vienna) and published by Magic Bytes in 1998, and by SouthPeak Interactive in 2000.
Rent-a-Hero is an adventure game controlled with a point-and-click interface.
Rent-a-Hero is set in a fantasy world on the island of Tol Andar. Its protagonist, Rodrigo, is a professional "hero for hire" who undertakes quests for a price. He struggles to compete with Tol Andar's many other mercenary heroes. When Rodrigo's rivals are called away to help combat a pirate invasion, he receives the job of finding Jasmin, wife of a dwarf named Ramil.
Rent-a-Hero was first released in the German market during November 1998. An English version was finished in the third quarter of 1999, and was released by THQ in the United Kingdom that July. The game's North American distribution rights were acquired from THQ by publisher SouthPeak Interactive by September 1999. Initially due in January 2000, SouthPeak's North American release of Rent-a-Hero was ultimately canceled in March 2000.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Aichinger, Herbert (December 1998). "Wiener Puppenkiste" (in German). PC Action: 114–118.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mooney, Angella (March 3, 2000). "Reviews - Rent-A-Hero". Adventure Gamers. http://www.adventuregamer.com/reviews/misc/rent-a-hero.shtml.
- ↑ Wildgoose, David (September 1999). "State of Play; Adventure/RPG". PC PowerPlay (40): 34.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Guenther, Jenny. "Review: Rent-A-Hero". Just Adventure. http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/RAH/RAH_Review.shtm.
- ↑ Kennedy, Sam (September 28, 1999). "SouthPeak Grabs THQ Titles". GameSpot. http://headline.gamespot.com/news/99_09/28_vg_thq/index.html.
- ↑ Ojanen, Lasse (September 29, 1999). "Southpeak Interactive to Publish & Distribute Rent-A-Hero". Adventure Gamers. http://www.adventuregamer.com/cgi/news/news.cgi?v=archive&c=Adventure_News&id=09299982710.
- ↑ Ojanen, Lasse (December 1, 1999). "Rent a Hero US release in January". Adventure Gamers. http://www.adventuregamer.com/cgi/news/news.cgi?v=archive&c=Adventure_News&id=12019922731.
- ↑ Sluganski, Randy (March 21, 2000). "Rent-A-Hero Canceled". Just Adventure. http://justadventure.com/Eye_on_Adventure/00-03/Eye_on_Adventure.shtm.
- ↑ Kusenberg, Peter (December 1998). "Heldenalltag" (in German). PC Games: 156-158, 160, 161.
- ↑ Austinat, Rolad (December 1998). "Rent-A-Hero" (in German). PC Player: 184–187.
- ↑ Steinberg, Scott (July 19, 2000). "PC Reviews; Rent a Hero". CNET Gamecenter. http://www.gamecenter.com/Reviews/Item/0,6,0-4477,00.html.
- ↑ Espunya, Jordi (1999). "Análisis; Rent a Hero" (in Spanish). MeriStation. http://www.meristation.com/Analisis/1999/2-Semestre/RentAHero.htm.
- Official site (archived)
- Rent-a-Hero at MobyGames
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent-a-Hero (1998 video game). Read more