Biography:Maria V. Chekhova
Maria V. Chekhova (born 1963) is a Russian-German physicist known for her research on quantum optics and in particular on the quantum entanglement of pairs of photons. She is a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in Erlangen, Germany, where she heads an independent research group on quantum radiation, and a professor at the University of Erlangen–Nuremberg, in the chair of experimental physics (optics).
Education and career
Chekhova was born on 8 June 1963 in Moscow, and educated in physics at Moscow State University, where she earned a master's degree in 1986, completed a Ph.D. in 1989, and earned a habilitation in 2004. She was a full-time researcher at Moscow State University from 1989 to 2010, continuing on a part-time basis until 2020. In the meantime, she took her present position at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in 2010. In 2020, she added a part-time affiliation as professor at the University of Erlangen–Nuremberg.
Chekhova is the coauthor, with Peter Banzer, of the textbook Polarization of Light: In Classical, Quantum and Nonlinear Optics (De Gruyter, 2021).
- "Prof. Dr. Maria Chekhova", MPL People (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light), https://mpl.mpg.de/about-us/mpl-people/maria-chekhova/, retrieved 2022-03-23
- "Prof. Dr. Maria Chekhova", Department of Physics (University of Erlangen–Nuremberg), https://www.physics.nat.fau.eu/person/maria-chekhova/, retrieved 2022-03-23
- Curriculum vitae, https://mpl.mpg.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Chekhova_Research_Group/CV-Maria-Chekhova.pdf, retrieved 2022-03-23
- [action=detail&tx_news_pi1[controller]=News&tx_news_pi1[news]=570&cHash=6bc3b91d5dc0e6fed91748ec921aa59c "Maria Chekhova appointed FAU professor"], News & Events (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light), 16 December 2020, https://mpl.mpg.de/news-events/news-from-the-institute/news-detail/news-detail/news-detail?tx_news_pi1[action]=detail&tx_news_pi1[controller]=News&tx_news_pi1[news]=570&cHash=6bc3b91d5dc0e6fed91748ec921aa59c, retrieved 2022-03-23
- Ahmed, Ishtiaque (21 September 2021), "Review of Polarization of Light", Optics & Photonics News, https://www.optica-opn.org/home/book_reviews/2021/0921/polarization_of_light_in_classical_quantum_and_non/
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Maria V. Chekhova. Read more