|Created by||Brady Haran|
|Years active||September 15, 2011– present|
|Subscribers||3.3 million (Numberphile)|
213 thousand (Numberphile2)
|Total views||494.78 million (Numberphile)|
13.43 million (Numberphile2)
|Updated 23 June 2020|
Numberphile is an educational YouTube channel featuring videos that explore topics from a variety of fields of mathematics. In the early days of the channel, each video focused on a specific number, but the channel has since expanded its scope, featuring videos on more advanced mathematical concepts such as Fermat's Last Theorem and the Riemann hypothesis. The videos are produced by Brady Haran, a former BBC video journalist and creator of Periodic Videos, Sixty Symbols, and several other YouTube channels. Videos on the channel feature several university professors, math communicators, and famous mathematicians.
The Numberphile YouTube channel was started on September 15, 2011. Most videos consist of Haran interviewing an expert on a number, mathematical theorem, or other mathematical concept. The expert usually draws out their explanation on a large piece of brown paper and attempts to make the concepts understandable to the average, non-mathematician viewer. It is supported by the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) and Math for America. Haran also runs the "Numberphile2" channel, which includes extra footage and further detail than the main channel.
The channel has featured a wide array of mathematicians, computer scientists, scientists, and science writers, including:
- Federico Ardila
- Alex Bellos
- Elwyn Berlekamp
- Andrew Booker
- Timothy Browning
- Brian Butterworth
- John Conway
- Ed Copeland
- Tom Crawford 
- Zsuzsanna Dancso
- Persi Diaconis
- Rob Eastaway
- Laurence Eaves
- David Eisenbud
- Edward Frenkel
- Hannah Fry
- Lisa Goldberg
- James Grime
- Ron Graham
- Edmund Harriss
- Gordon Hamilton
- Don Knuth
- Holly Krieger
- James Maynard
- Barry Mazur
- Steve Mould
- Colm Mulcahy
- Tony Padilla
- Simon Pampena
- Matt Parker
- Ken Ribet
- Tom Scott
- Henry Segerman
- Carlo H. Séquin
- Jim Simons
- Simon Singh
- Neil Sloane
- Ben Sparks
- Katie Steckles
- Clifford Stoll
- Terence Tao
- Tadashi Tokieda
- Mariel Vázquez
- Cédric Villani
- Zvezdelina Stankova
The Numberphile Podcast
Template:Infobox podcast Haran started a podcast titled The Numberphile Podcast in 2018 as a sister project. The podcast more heavily focus on the lives and personalities of some of the subjects of the videos.
Script error: No such module "Episode table".
- "The Numberphile Podcast" (in en-GB). http://www.bradyharanblog.com/blog/the-numberphile-podcast.
- Numberphile sponsors Mathematical Sciences Research Institute
- Numberphile Nominated in Education 8th Annual Shorty Awards
- Haran, Brady. "Numberphile2" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyp1gCHZJU_fGWFf2rtMkCg/about. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- The 8th Annual Shorty Award Alexis Joy, January 19, 2016
- Genres Stretch, for Better and Worse, as YouTube Takes On TV By Mike Hale, New York Times, April 24, 2012
- Guest speakers on Numberphile MSRI
- Haran, Brady. "All in Federico Ardila" (in en). https://www.numberphile.com/videos/category/Federico+Ardila.
- Haran, Brady. "Tom Crawford on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWJ2TNTA79reKQ6S88kTvDR-.
- Haran, Brady. "Zsuzsanna Dancso on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWLGm-EZUKAdx7wad6mjCQsh.
- Haran, Brady. "All in Edmund Harriss" (in en). https://www.numberphile.com/videos/category/Edmund+Harriss.
- Haran, Brady. "Gordon Hamilton on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWLBG3Emtp1Kbb-l2ktl0z4M.
- Haran, Brady. "All in Tony Padilla" (in en). https://www.numberphile.com/videos/category/Tony+Padilla.
- Haran, Brady. "Simon Pampena on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWJm_xYEUbnOi0foDNp2dwEX.
- Haran, Brady. "Henry Segerman on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWL_GidO6CTTlBeBLoaJeMtl.
- Haran, Brady. "Ben Sparks on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWLDKmnxLg8477hrxY33LL6q.
- Haran, Brady. "Katie Steckles on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWK6paccSiJ-3s6lYLYXIA87.
- Haran, Brady. "Cedric Villani on Numberphile" (in en). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt5AfwLFPxWIf_o41FAGBFJIn4Z7ijUv6.
- Haran, Brady. "The Numberphile Podcast". http://www.bradyharanblog.com/blog/the-numberphile-podcast. Retrieved 10 September 2019.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Numberphile. Read more