|Fields||Philosophy of mathematics, Mathematics education|
|Doctoral advisor||Moshé Machover|
Paul Ernest is a contributor to the social constructivist philosophy of mathematics.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paul Ernest is currently emeritus professor of the philosophy of mathematics educationhhh at Exeter University, UK. He is best known for his work on philosophical aspects of mathematics education and his contributions to developing a social constructivist philosophy of mathematics. He is currently working on the ethics of mathematics.
- Ernest, Paul; Social Constructivism as a Philosophy of Mathematics; Albany, New York: State University of New York Press, (1998) 
- Ernest, Paul; The Philosophy of Mathematics Education; London: RoutledgeFalmer, (1991) 
- Paul Ernest's page at Philosophy of Mathematics Education Journal, the journal that he edits at School of Education, University of Exeter-publications, CV etc.
- Paul Ernest at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Paul Ernest's page at Amazon.com
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Paul Ernest. Read more