Short description: American mathematician (born 1959)
Awodey in 2011
Steven M. Awodey
July 5, 1959
|Alma mater||University of Marburg|
University of Chicago
|Known for||Model theory of higher-order logic using the methods of category theory|
Type theory of higher-dimensional categories
|Fields||Category theory, homotopy type theory|
|Institutions||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Thesis||Logic in Topoi: Functorial Semantics for Higher-Order Logic (1997)|
|Doctoral advisors||Saunders Mac Lane|
|Other academic advisors||William Walker Tait|
Steven M. Awodey (/ˈaʊdi/; born 1959) is an American mathematician and logician. He is a Professor of Philosophy and Mathematics at Carnegie Mellon University.
Awodey studied mathematics and philosophy at the University of Marburg and the University of Chicago. He earned his Ph.D. from Chicago under Saunders Mac Lane in 1997. He is an active researcher in the areas of category theory and logic, and has also written on the philosophy of mathematics. He is one of the originators of the field of homotopy type theory. He was a member of the School of Mathematics at the Institute for Advanced Study in 2012–13.
- Gottfried Gabriel, ed. of the original German text, with introduction and annotations (2004). Eric H. Reck. ed. Frege's Lectures on Logic: Carnap's Student Notes, 1910-1914. Chicago: Open Court; xiv+170 p.
- Awodey, Steve (2010). Category Theory (2nd ed.). Oxford & New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-9237-18-0.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Steven M. Awodey, Logic in Topoi – PhilPapers
- ↑ Steve Awodey, Michael Warren, "Homotopy theoretic models of identity type", Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society 146(1), 2009. arXiv:0709.0248.
- ↑ Preliminary list of PSSL86 participants
- ↑ Institute for Advanced Study: A Community of Scholars
- Connelly, James (November 2005 – February 2006). "Review of Frege's Lectures on Logic". The Bertrand Russell Society Quarterly. http://www.lehman.edu/deanhum/philosophy/BRSQ/05nov/connelly.htm.
- Birkedal, Lars (June 2007). "Review: STEVE AWODEY, Category Theory". Studia Logica 86 (1): 133–135. doi:10.1007/s11225-007-9053-x.
- "Natural Models of Type Theory - Steve Awodey". Institute for Advanced Study. August 12, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_MGMhDMuPE.
- "Univalent Foundations Seminar - Steve Awodey". Institute for Advanced Study. August 17, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoWR-LPgl8.
- "Constructive Type Theory and Homotopy - Steve Awodey". Institute for Advanced Study. August 30, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CghfgqnOGQ.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve Awodey. Read more