Here is a list of articles in the category Gene tests of the Biology portal. Genetic diagnostics (GDx) analyze the genetic sequence of an individual to determine genotype and identify genetic variation known to be related to disease, its prognosis, drug response, and other heath states.  Advances in high-throughput DNA sequencing and assay technologies warrant distinguishing between genetic diagnostics employing older, more trusted but lower-throughput techniques and newer high-throughput diagnostics. The former may generally be referred to as genetic tests and the latter as genomic tests.
- Secretary's Advisory Committee on Genetics, Health, and Society: SACGHS Report on Gene Patents and Licensing Practices and Their Impact on Patient Access to Genetic Tests. Accessed 13 March 2010 at http://oba.od.nih.gov/oba/SACGHS/SACGHS%20Patents%20Report%20Approved%202-5-20010.pdf
Pages in category "Gene tests"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Duplex sequencing (biology)
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (biology)
- Temperature gradient gel electrophoresis (biology)
- UroVysion (biology)
- Whole genome sequencing (biology)