|GmbH, an Austrian Limited liability company|
The nic.at GmbH, based in Salzburg, is the domain name registry for the top-level domain .at. "AT" is the ISO 3166 country code for Austria. Nic.at is owned by the Internet Foundation Austria and has 30 employees. From 1988 until 1998, the University of Vienna was the domain name registry for .at domains.
Tasks of nic.at include:
- Providing information about the domain registration and management, for example, WHOIS queries
- Central registration and administration of Austria-wide domain names ending in .at, .co.at (company). .or.at (organizational)
The Zentraler Informatikdienst [Central Computer Science Service] of the University of Vienna administers the academic domain .ac.at which is exclusively reserved for the academic and school environment. The Federal Chancellery of Austria administers the governmental domain, .gv.at.
- "nic.at the austrian registry" (in German). http://www.nic.at.
- "The Domain Name Council". https://www.domainbeirat.at/index.php?id=1617.
- Rastl, Peter (June 2000). "It started at the University of Vienna - 10 years of Internet in Austria" (in German). Vienna, Austria: University of Vienna. http://comment.univie.ac.at/00-2/2/. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "ACOnet: Services". Vienna, Austria: University of Vienna. https://www.aco.net/domain.html?L=1. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Domänenverwaltung GV.AT : IT und Infrastruktur : E-Government : Digitales Österreich" (in German). Vienna, Austria: Digital Austria, Federal Chancellery of Austria. https://www.digitales.oesterreich.gv.at/domanenverwaltung-gv.at. Retrieved 2017-07-30. ">
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Nic.at. Read more