|Nikola Motor Company (2014–2020) (now name of a subsidiary of Nikola Corporation)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: NKLA|
Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.
|Stephen Girsky, Chairman|
Mark Russell, CEO
|Products||Nikola One, Nikola Two, Nikola Tre, Nikola Badger|
|Owner||Trevor Milton (20%)|
|Subsidiaries||Nikola Motor Company|
Nikola Energy Company
Nikola Corporation is an American company that has presented a number of zero-emission vehicle concepts since 2016. The company has stated on several occasions that it intends to take some of its concept vehicles into production in the future. Nikola Corporation is based in Phoenix, Arizona. The company is named after Nikola Tesla but is not related to the inventor.
(As of 2016), the first 5,000 Nikola One hydrogen-powered trucks were slated to be built by Fitzgerald in Byrdstown, Tennessee, which produces "gliders", which are truck vehicle platforms without engines. In March 2019, Nikola acquired a 389-acre parcel in Coolidge, Arizona, for US$23 million, with future state and local tax breaks. Nikola said in 2019 that they expected truck factory construction to start in 2020, truck construction in 2021, and the fabrication of 35–50,000 trucks per year by 2023.
In April 2019, Nikola held the Nikola World event in Scottsdale, Arizona. The two-day midweek event included a public demo day to show off the Nikola Two truck, the Nikola Tre truck, the Nikola NZT UTV, and the Nikola WAV watercraft.
In March 2020, Nikola announced its plans to merge with VectoIQ Acquisition Corporation (ticker VTIQ), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company run by former General Motors Co. executive Steve Girsky. This resulted in the combined company being listed on the NASDAQ exchange with the NKLA ticker symbol. As part of the merger, founder and CEO Trevor Milton had his title changed from CEO to Executive Chairman and Nikola President Mark Russell became President and CEO.  Nikola's stock began trading on June 4, 2020, a day after the merger was completed. By June 9, the shares had more than doubled since they began trading, as investors continued to bet on the growth potential of electric transportation. Nikola executive chairman Trevor Milton tweeted in early June that the company would begin taking reservations for the pickup truck, the Badger, on June 29.[needs update]
The company was valued at around $13 billion in early August 2020, compared to its revenue in the first six months of 2020 of $80,000 ($36,000 of which was attributed to installation of solar facilities for CEO Milton).
On September 8, 2020 Nikola and General Motors announced a partnership, by which GM would acquire an 11% stake in Nikola (valued at approximately $2 billion at the time of the announcement). GM would also earn the right to nominate one member to Nikola's board. In return, GM has agreed to use its manufacturing facilities to begin production of the Badger, as well as supply fuel cells and batteries to Nikola globally. Nikola stock jumped by 50% after the announcement.
On September 21, 2020, Milton resigned as Executive Chairman following fraud allegations made in a report released by Hindenburg Research, while allegedly maintaining his stake in the company. News of the short researcher's allegations caused the share price of Nikola Corp to drop by 20%. Following the resignation, Steve Girsky became Chairman of the Board. Nikola then "issued copyright-takedown notices targeting critics on YouTube who [citing fair use] used clips of the promotional video in which a Nikola One semi-truck was seen rolling down a hill" without a working drive train. The Drive called Nikola's action an "abuse of YouTube's copyright takedown system".
In November 2020, General Motors announced that the proposed deal to take an equity stake in Nikola would no longer occur. A revised deal was proposed, having GM provide Nikola with the promised fuel-cell technology but leaving out the 11% stake in the company, as well as no longer producing the Badger electric pickup truck for the company.
Republic Services stated in December 2020 that the projected partnership announced in August to develop zero-emissions garbage trucks with Nikola, including the production of at least 2,500 to 5,000 trucks into its fleet at the start of 2023, would be terminated. The company has promised to remain committed to incorporating electric trucks into their company. Nikola's shares fell 9.8% after the announcement was released. Analysts call the canceled order a short-term setback, allowing the company to channel more focus towards the core of the business, being the production of semi-trucks designed for long-haul transport.
In 2016, the company unveiled a high-level design for a hydrogen-fueled Class 8 truck called the Nikola One, aimed then to be in production in 2020. The Nikola One is supposed to be a conventional sleeper cab with 10 wheels. The Nikola One design includes a 320 kWh EV battery supplying 6 traction electric motors—one for each wheel—with a combined software-limited 1,000 hp (750 kW) and 2,000 lb⋅ft (2,700 N⋅m) of torque – nearly 86,000 lb⋅ft (117,000 N⋅m) after gear reduction – inspired by electric locomotives. This is sufficient for keeping a speed of 65 mph (105 km/h) with a full load of 80,000 pounds (36 tonnes) on a 6% grade. The energy source is 300 kW hydrogen fuel cells consuming 4.6 kg (10 lb) H2 per 100 km (62 mi) from tanks with 100 kg (220 lb) of hydrogen, giving a range of 1,200 mi (1,900 km). Consumption is equivalent to 15.4 mpg‑US (15.3 l/100 km) of diesel. The truck has regenerative brakes to supplement the traditional disc brakes, decreasing stopping distance and fuel usage. The hydrogen version was unveiled in December 2016 and was expected to be available by 2019. The company said[when?] that in some markets, compressed natural gas may be used to power an on-board gas turbine generator rather than hydrogen fuel cells.
In May 2018, Nikola Motor Company filed a lawsuit against Tesla, Inc. seeking US$2 billion in damages alleging that the Tesla Semi infringed on six patents that Nikola has been granted on the design of the Nikola One. Tesla responded that the lawsuit is without merit. In September 2019, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board denied Tesla's request to invalidate Nikola's side-door patent. As of September 2020, the lawsuit is still ongoing.
In May 2018, Anheuser-Busch placed a provisional[clarification needed] purchase order for up to 800 leases of the hydrogen-powered truck versions, and Nikola claimed then that the trucks would start being delivered in 2020. By 2019, total pre-orders for truck leases encompassing all Class 8 truck models were claimed to be worth 14 billion USD.
The Nikola Two is a semi-tractor truck that is expected to be technically identical to the Nikola One. The only difference is that the Nikola Two does not have a sleeper compartment which the Nikola One will possess. Unlike the Nikola One, a prototype driving under its own power was demonstrated, including when hauling a cargo of beer for a future customer.
In November 2019, the company unveiled the Nikola Tre electric truck concept, a rebadged version of the Iveco S-Way that would be aimed at the European market. The Tre will also be targeted for the Australian and Asian markets. Nikola says the Tre will have 500 to 1,000 horsepower (370 to 750 kW) horsepower and a range of 310 to 750 miles (500 to 1,200 km). CEO Trevor Milton stated that production is set to begin at the same time as the US truck versions, which is 2022–2023.
Nikola NZT (Nikola Zero)
In 2016, a prototype concept, the Nikola NZT, formerly[when?] referred to as the Nikola Zero, was unveiled as a utility task vehicle (UTV) with 72 or 107 kWh battery. The concept was stated to have 555 hp (414 kW) total, provided by a motor at each wheel, weigh 3,500 lb (1,600 kg), and use the same 14.5 in (370 mm) clearance suspension as the Ford Raptor. Sometime before the end of 2016,[when?] it was spun-off into a powersports product, in the Nikola Powersports division.[needs update]
Nikola had at least one drivable prototype of the NZT in 2017 when it took a journalist for a ride-along in a Utah desert to demonstrate the vehicle's capabilities. That was an open-cabin version, lacking doors or a windshield. Nikola advertises a similar vehicle as the "Nikola Reckless". On April 16, 2019, Nikola presented an NZT in Phoenix, Arizona that was outwardly similar to the original one, except it had doors (but still lacked a roof and a windshield). Nikola says it offered rides in this vehicle to the attendees during the event, and published a video claiming to show it. The vehicle was supposed to have 590 horsepower (440 kW), and up to 150 miles (240 km) of range per electric charge. There was also a different, closed-cabin variant, with a windshield and windows, which was intended to be a prototype or mock-up which was shown (not driven) during the event.
The vehicle was cancelled, alongside the rest of the powersports division, in February of 2021.
The Nikola Reckless was a concept vehicle that was projected to be a military grade fully-electric tactical off-highway vehicle. A prototype of the vehicle was displayed in the International Special Operations Forces Industry Exhibition Conference in May 2018.
The vehicle's chassis would be 4×4 although it could switch to two-wheel drive. It would weigh 2,299 pounds (1,043 kg) and would be able to carry up to 1,400 pounds (635 kg). Also, the vehicle would have a 0.50-inch (12.7 mm) machine gun. The vehicle was removed from the website with the cancellation of the powersports division.
The Nikola WAV was a concept vehicle unveiled in April 2019 that the company says could be a Nikola Motors' watersports offering. The vehicle was presented alongside the Nikola NZT. The Nikola WAV was expected to have a 12-inch (30 cm) waterproof 4K resolution screen, and cruise control. No firm plans to go into production with the concept waterports vehicle had been announced since early 2019.
The vehicle was cancelled, alongside the entire powersports division, in February 2021.
The Badger was a proposed electric pickup truck cancelled in November 2020. With initial specifications announced in February 2020, Nikola planned two variants, the first powered by a combination of hydrogen fuel cells and batteries and second all-electric, without fuel cells. The truck was intended to go to market in 2022 with the assistance of the General Motors Company until GM pulled out of the deal and Nikola canceled the truck on November 29, 2020.
On September 10, 2020, short seller firm Hindenburg Research released a report accusing Nikola of being "an intricate fraud" perpetrated largely by Milton. Further verification by Financial Times confirmed the report's claim regarding a showcased Nikola One rolling down a gradual slope with no onboard propulsion and instead by using the force of gravity. The stock fell by 10% that day while General Motors, who had made an agreement days earlier, fell by 4%. By September 12, Nikola stock had fallen by 36%.
Nikola called these claims "false and misleading" and threatened legal action against Hindenburg. Notably, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York has shown interest in the report. In the past, Milton has alleged that those who are short selling Nikola stocks are fans of rival company Tesla and are "anti-Nikola or paid attack accounts". In response to the Hindenburg report, Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors, said her company conducted appropriate diligence before its deal with Nikola. Reports on September 14 stated that the Securities and Exchange Commission has started a probe into the fraud allegations and on September 15, the Department of Justice began an investigation into Nikola as well.
Following the allegations, BP has backed away from a potential partnership to develop hydrogen refueling stations for Nikola's EV Trucks; Nikola's stock price fell by more than 25% intraday after BP's statement. The partnership was cited as a critical component in Nikola's business plan for its electric vehicle trucks powered by hydrogen fuel cells. Nikola had planned to announce the partnership days after the GM Partnership.
Resignation of founder
On September 21, 2020, Trevor Milton announced his resignation. Nikola shares fell by another 35% following his resignation. Stephen Girsky, former vice-chairman of General Motors and Nikola board member, replaced Milton as chairman in a non-executive capacity.
- Cummins Aeos, battery-electric and diesel range extender Class 7 semi truck tractor unit
- Toyota Project Portal, fuel cell Class 8 truck
- Hyundai 'Xcient', fuel cell Class 8 truck
- Tesla, Inc, a company manufacturing electric cars also named after Nikola Tesla
- Lordstown Motors
- Ringle, Hayley (2018-10-19). "Behind the deal: How Nikola Motor steered its trucking technology to Arizona". https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/10/19/behind-the-deal-how-nikola-motor-steered-its.html.
- Cao, Sissi (2019-11-23). "Elon Musk Isn't the Only Electric Futurist Who Wants to Rectify Nikola Tesla's Legacy". https://observer.com/2019/11/elon-musk-tesla-electric-vehicle-rival-nikola-hydrogen-truck/.
- Baccardax, Martin. "Nikola Shares Slump Amid SEC Probe Into Short Seller Hindenburg Fraud Claims" (in en-us). https://www.thestreet.com/investing/nikola-shares-slump-amid-sec-probe-into-short-seller-claims.
- Robinson, Matt (September 14, 2020). "SEC Examining Nikola Over Short Seller's Fraud Allegations". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-14/sec-said-to-examine-nikola-over-short-seller-s-fraud-allegations.
- Bushey, Claire (September 15, 2020). "US justice department inquires into Nikola fraud claims". The Financial Times. https://www.ft.com/content/a45a6638-167b-4e27-a9fd-576e7229f959.
- "Forbes profile: Trevor Milton". Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/profile/trevor-milton/#54dcf1ff8861.
- Hsu, Tiffany (2016-12-01). "Nikola One Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Semi-Truck Debuts". https://www.trucks.com/2016/12/01/nikola-one-hydrogen-fuel-cell-electric-semi-truck-debuts.
- Hall-Geisler, Kristen. "Nikola Motor Company unveils its electric (mostly) truck". https://techcrunch.com/2016/05/19/nikola-motor-company-unveils-its-electric-mostly-truck/.
- "Company Overview of Nikola Motor Company". https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=424281277.
- "Nikola One Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Semi-Truck Debuts". Trucks.com. 1 December 2016. https://www.trucks.com/2016/12/01/nikola-one-hydrogen-fuel-cell-electric-semi-truck-debuts/.
- O'Dell, John (25 March 2019). "Nikola Closes Land Deal for Arizona Truck Plant". https://www.trucks.com/2019/03/25/nikola-land-deal-arizona-truck-plant/.
- "Mark Russell Named Nikola President". Nikola Corporation. February 26, 2019. https://nikolamotor.com/press_releases/mark-russell-named-nikola-president-57.
- "Nikola Corp | Rsvps | Nikola World Public" (in en). https://nikolamotor.com/nikolaworld/public.
- "Nikola World Registration Opens at 9 a.m. on Dec. 3". 2018-11-30. https://www.nbc-2.com/story/39567634/nikola-world-registration-opens-at-9-am-on-dec-3.
- Corporation, Nikola. "Nikola and VectoIQ Acquisition Corp. Announce Closing of Business Combination" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nikola-and-vectoiq-acquisition-corp-announce-closing-of-business-combination-301070179.html.
- "VectoIQ | Home | Experts for the Future of Mobility | New York" (in en). https://www.vectoiq.com/.
- "Done Deal: VectoIQ's Merger With Nikola Motor Has Closed" (in en). 2020-06-03. https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/06/03/done-deal-vectoiqs-merger-with-nikola-motor-has-cl.aspx.
- "VectoIQ Acquisition Corp. (VTIQ) to Combine with Nikola Corporation". SPACInsider. March 3, 2020. https://spacinsider.com/2020/03/03/vectoiq-to-combine-with-nikola-corporation/.
- Foldy, Ben (2020-06-09). "Electric-Truck Startup Nikola Bolts Past Ford in Market Value". Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/electric-truck-startup-nikola-bolts-past-ford-in-market-value-11591730357.
- Stevens, Pippa (5 August 2020). "Nikola's entire quarterly revenue of $36,000 was from solar installation for the executive chairman" (in en). CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/nikolas-entire-quarterly-revenue-of-36000-was-from-solar-installation-for-the-executive-chairman.html.
- "Nikola shares pop as much as 53% after General Motors takes 11% stake in electric truck maker". https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/general-motors-takes-11percent-stake-and-2-billion-in-equity-in-electric-truck-maker-nikola-.html.
- "Nikola founder Trevor Milton insists vehicle start-up is roadworthy". https://amp.ft.com/content/8a8a2396-6e97-4cfd-9f80-c5aaa2de304f.
- "Nikola Founder Resigns as Chairman Amid Allegations, SEC Probe". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/nikola-founder-resigns-as-chairman-amid-allegations-sec-probe?srnd=premium-canada=.
- Linnane, Ciara. "UPDATE: Short seller Hindenburg alleges that electric truck maker Nikola is an 'intricate fraud' in new report". https://www.marketwatch.com/story/short-seller-hindenburg-alleges-that-electric-truck-maker-nikola-is-an-intricate-fraud-in-new-report-2020-09-10.
- "Nikola: How to Parlay An Ocean of Lies Into a Partnership With the Largest Auto OEM in America". September 10, 2020. https://hindenburgresearch.com/nikola/.
- "Breaking news: Trevor Milton out of Nikola Motors" (in en-US). 2020-09-21. https://www.freightwaves.com/news/breaking-news-trevor-milton-out-of-nikola.
- Steinberg, Christine Wang,Marty (2020-09-21). "Nikola founder Trevor Milton to voluntarily step down as executive chairman; stock plunges" (in en). https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/nikola-founder-trevor-milton-to-voluntarily-step-down-as-executive-chairman.html.
- "Nikola founder Trevor Milton to voluntarily step down as executive chairman; stock plunges". September 21, 2020. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/nikola-founder-trevor-milton-to-voluntarily-step-down-as-executive-chairman.html.
- Brodkin, Jon. "Nikola issues copyright takedowns against critics who use rolling-truck clip", ArsTechnica, October 2, 2020
- Gilboy, James. "Well, This Has Certainly Been a Bad Week for Nikola", The Drive, October 2, 2020
- Foldy, Mike Colias and Ben (2020-11-30). "General Motors Will No Longer Take a Stake in Nikola" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. https://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-nikola-agree-to-scaled-down-supply-agreement-11606742652.
- Foldy, Ben (2020-12-23). "Nikola, Republic Services End Collaboration on Garbage-Truck Development" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. https://www.wsj.com/articles/nikola-ends-collaboration-on-garbage-truck-development-11608733154.
- Evarts, Eric C.. "Nikola release semi-trucks Two and Tre, maps out hydrogen network". https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122663_nikola-releases-semi-trucks-two-and-tre-maps-out-hydrogen-network.
- "Nikola One, America's first hydrogen-powered semi, is straight outta the future". Roadshow. CBS Interactive. 2 December 2016. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/nikola-one-ev-semi-fuel-cell-hydrogen/.
- on YouTube.
- "Dette er bilen som skal ta tungtransporten vekk fra diesel" (in no). Teknisk Ukeblad. 2 December 2016. http://www.tu.no/artikler/dette-er-bilen-som-skal-ta-tungtransporten-vekk-fra-diesel/365713.
- Lambert, Fred. "Nikola Motor claims it received over 7,000 pre-orders worth over $2.3 billion for its electric truck". http://electrek.co/2016/06/13/nikola-motor-pre-orders-worth-2-billion-electric-truck/.
- Lambert, Fred. "Nikola Motor does a 180°, scraps plans for battery-powered truck, turns to hydrogen". Electrek. https://electrek.co/2016/08/30/nikola-motor-one-hydrogen/.
- "Nikola CEO Milton Explains Hydrogen Fuel Cell Truck Strategy". Trucks.com. 2 December 2016. https://www.trucks.com/2016/12/02/nikola-motor-ceo-hydrogen-fuel-cell-truck/.
- on YouTube.
- "U.S. Patent Office Rules In Favor Of Nikola In Lawsuit Against Tesla Semi" (in en). https://insideevs.com/news/414082/uspto-backed-nikola-against-tesla/.
- O'Kane, Sean (2018-05-01). "Tesla sued for $2 billion by hydrogen truck startup over alleged patent infringement". https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/1/17309430/tesla-lawsuit-nikola-motor-company-patent-trucks.
- Ohnsman, Alan. "Tesla's Effort To Short-Circuit Nikola Lawsuit Fizzles As Patent Office Denies Door Argument" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/04/20/teslas-effort-to-short-circuit-nikola-lawsuit-fizzles-as-patent-office-denies-door-argument/.
- Lee, Timothy B. "Nikola patented a stolen truck design, Tesla claims in legal response", Ars Technica, September 24, 2020
- "Anheuser-Busch orders hundreds of hydrogen trucks from zero-emission startup Nikola". May 3, 2018. https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/3/17314606/anheuser-busch-budweiser-hydrogen-trucks-zero-emission-startup-nikola.
- "Startup Nikola Bets Hydrogen Will Finally Break Through With Big Rigs". April 14, 2019. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2019/04/14/can-a-15-billion-bet-on-fuel-cell-big-rigs-be-a-game-changer-for-hydrogen/#74c251cbfe4c.
- Szymkowski, Sean. "Nikola hydrogen-electric semi comes to life for Anheuser-Busch - Page 2". https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/budweiser-beer-nikola-hydrogen-electric-semi-truck/.
- "Nikola & Iveco Partner To Bring The Battery Electric Nikola TRE To The EU" (in en-US). 2019-12-03. https://cleantechnica.com/2019/12/03/nikola-iveco-partner-to-bring-the-battery-electric-nikola-tre-to-the-eu/.
- Browne, Ryan (November 6, 2018). "Tesla rival Nikola Motor unveils hydrogen-powered truck for Europe". CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/nikola-motor-unveils-hydrogen-powered-truck-tre-for-europe.html.
- Ballaban, Michael (November 5, 2018). "The Nikola Tre Is the Not-Tesla Hydrogen Semi that Wants to Take On Europe". Jalopnik. https://jalopnik.com/the-nikola-tre-is-the-not-tesla-hydrogen-semi-that-want-1830224633.
- Stumpf, Rob (November 6, 2018). "Nikola Tre Is a Stylish, Hydrogen-Powered Semi Truck Destined for Europe". The Drive. http://www.thedrive.com/news/24715/nikola-tre-is-a-stylish-hydrogen-powered-semi-truck-destined-for-europe.
- "Archived copy". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4Kq9T97Jw.
- "Nikola Zero UTV Driving Footage And Launch Videos". http://insideevs.com/nikola-zero-utv-driving-footage-launch-videos/.
- Lambert, Fred (21 November 2017). "We tested an insane electric UTV with more energy capacity than even the most powerful Tesla". https://electrek.co/2017/11/21/nikola-zero-electric-utv-energy-capacity-tesla/.
- "Nikola Powersports". 2016. https://nikolapowersports.com.
- O'Kane, Sean. "Nikola's off-road EV is a high-tech speed demon". https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/18411562/nikola-motors-nzt-ev-specs-price.
- Alan Adler (February 25, 2021). "Nikola loses half as much as expected as Powersports unit dropped". https://www.freightwaves.com/news/nikola-loses-half-as-much-as-expected-as-powersports-unit-dropped.
- "Nikola Reckless Electric Utility Task Vehicle (UTV)" (in en-GB). https://www.army-technology.com/projects/nikola-reckless-electric-utility-task-vehicle-utv/.
- O'Kane, Sean. "The Nikola Wav is an electric watercraft with a 4K display and cruise control". https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/18411541/nikola-wave-electric-jet-ski-4k-display-cruise-control.
- Alan Adler (February 25, 2021). "Nikola loses half as much as expected as Powersports unit dropped". https://www.freightwaves.com/news/nikola-loses-half-as-much-as-expected-as-powersports-unit-dropped.
- Bert Troubleyn (11 February 2020). "Nikola Badger : 950 kilomètres en électrique !". https://www.vroom.be/fr/actus/nikola-badger-950-kilom-tres-en-lectrique-22868.
- Lee, Timothy B. (November 29, 2020). "Nikola Stock Plunges as Company Cancels Badger Pickup Truck". Ars Technica. https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/11/nikola-stock-plunges-as-company-cancels-badger-pickup-truck/.
- "Nikola: How to Parlay An Ocean of Lies Into a Partnership With the Largest Auto OEM in America" (in en-US). 2020-09-10. https://hindenburgresearch.com/nikola/.
- Ludlow, Edward (September 12, 2020). "Nikola's History of Discrepancies Has Been in Plain Sight". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-12/nikola-s-history-of-discrepancies-has-been-hiding-in-plain-sight.
- "Nikola shares fall after short seller claims business is an 'intricate fraud'". https://www.ft.com/content/653096d3-e338-4d24-bab9-4fcb89f5402e.
- "New report claims widespread fraud by Nikola Motor". https://fortune.com/2020/09/10/nikola-motor-stock-hindenburg-research-allegations/.
- "Nikola electric lorry just rolling downhill in promo video". September 15, 2020. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54161343.
- "US justice department inquires into Nikola fraud claims". https://amp.ft.com/content/a45a6638-167b-4e27-a9fd-576e7229f959.
- Kotoky, Anurag (July 3, 2020). "Nikola Founder Channels Elon Musk in Lashing Out at Naysayer Tweets". Bloomberg. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-03/nikola-s-milton-channels-musk-in-lashing-out-at-naysayer-tweets.
- "GM conducted 'appropriate diligence' on $2 billion Nikola deal, CEO Mary Barra says". CNBC. Sep 14, 2020. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/barra-gm-conducted-appropriate-diligence-on-2-billion-nikola-deal.html.
- "Nikola Stock Drops 26% After BP Backs Away From Hydrogen-Station Deal". September 23, 2020. https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/09/23/nikola-stock-closed-down-xx-after-bp-backs-away-fr/.
- "Nikola sinks 22%, extending sell-off amid report of potential partnership talks put on hold". September 23, 2020. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/nikola-stock-price-potential-partnership-talks-put-hold-wsj-fueling-2020-9-1029616903.
- "Nikola Stock Tumbles As Recent Allegations Spook Potential Partners". September 23, 2020. https://www.investors.com/news/nikola-stock-allegations-spook-potential-partners/.
- Minkoff, SA Editor Yoel (2020-09-21). "Nikola tumbles as founder Trevor Milton steps down (NASDAQ:NKLA)" (in en). https://seekingalpha.com/news/3615554-nikola-tumbles-founder-trevor-milton-steps-down.
- Boudette, Neal E.; Ewing, Jack (September 21, 2020). "Head of Nikola, a G.M. Electric Truck Partner, Quits Amid Fraud Claims". https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/business/nikola-trevor-milton-resigns.html.
- "Nikola founder Trevor Milton steps down after fraud allegations". Financial Times. https://www.ft.com/content/d4fc81eb-ae24-4039-b535-0eb5d119dc84.
- Business data for Nikola Corporation:
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Nikola Corporation. Read more