|Founder||Gordon George Styles|
Star Rapid is a global rapid prototyping, rapid tooling and low-volume manufacturing company located in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, China. The company was founded in 2005 by Gordon George Styles, a British engineer and U.K. rapid prototyping veteran who now serves as president and CEO. Star Rapid offers a range of advanced manufacturing services including plastic injection molding, CNC machining, metal 3D printing, pressure die casting, vacuum casting and a range of finishing services targeting the consumer, automotive, medical and aerospace industries. The company has a 60,000 ft2 facility and more than 250 global employees.
Throughout the company’s history, it has been involved in multiple high-profile projects, from providing parts to restore the historic Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse on Lake Ontario to components for the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition’s Mina v2 exoskeleton, which competed in the first ever Cybathlon.
Star Rapid has sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Germany. The company has created parts for more than 400 American companies and was named a "Best Online 3D Printing Service" by ALL3DP. 
- Bradsher, Keith (17 April 2018). "China's Economy Grows, and Its Trade Gap With the U.S. Widens". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/business/china-economy-trade-gap-united-states-grows.html?partner=rss&emc=rss. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Fuges, Christina. "Star Prototype Changes Name to Star Rapid". Gardner Business Media, Inc.. https://www.additivemanufacturing.media/news/-star-prototype-changes-name-to-star-rapid. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Dormehl, Luke (2 November 2016). "A robotic exoskeleton powered this disabled U.S. athlete to a prize in the 'Robot Olympics'". Designtechnica Corporation. https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/mark-daniel-powered-exoskeleton/. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Wright, Ian. "What Is Industry 4.0, Anyway?". engineering.com. https://www.engineering.com/AdvancedManufacturing/ArticleID/16521/What-Is-Industry-40-Anyway.aspx. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Mantey, David (27 December 2016). "Manufacturing in China: Don't Believe Everything You Hear". Industrial Media, LLC. https://www.ien.com/product-development/article/20847670/manufacturing-in-china-dont-believe-everything-you-hear-star-prototype-gordon-styles-interview. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Davies, Sam (18 January 2017). "Star Prototype becomes Star Rapid as rebrand is finalised". Rapid News Publications Ltd.. https://www.tctmagazine.com/3d-printing-news/star-prototype-becomes-star-rapid-as-rebrand-is-finalised/. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Adams, Susan. "Put Out Of Business By Chinese Imports, Gordon Styles Started A 3-D Printing Company In China". Forbes Media Company. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestreptalks/2017/01/06/put-out-of-business-by-chinese-imports-gordon-styles-started-a-3-d-printing-company-in-china/#35869d0e23dd. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Waterman, Pamela (22 August 2017). "Metal 3D Printing: Making the Unprintable, Printable". Peerless Media, LLC. http://www.rapidreadytech.com/2017/08/3d-printing-better-metal-parts/. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Basiliere, Pete. "Market Guide for 3D Print Service Bureaus". Gartner Inc.. https://www.gartner.com/doc/3615138/market-guide-d-print-service. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- McCue, TJ. "3D Printing Service Bureaus On Growth Path With Almost $3 Billion In Revenue.". https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue/2018/08/30/3d-printing-service-bureaus-on-growth-path-with-almost-3-billion-in-revenue/#3a5eab792d8d. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Mantey, David. "Tractor Uses 3D-Printed Part to Haul 2,600 Pounds". Thomas Publishing Company. https://news.thomasnet.com/featured/tractor-uses-3d-printed-part-to-haul-2-600-pounds. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Crouse, Megan. "21st Century Tech Ignites 19th Century Beacon". Advantage Business Media. http://digital.pddnet.com/productdesignanddevelopment/january_february_2017?pg=14#pg14. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Katz, Leslie. "Cyborg athlete goes for gold on robotic legs". CBS Interactive Inc.. https://www.cnet.com/news/cybathlon-athlete-mark-daniel-and-his-ihmc-robotic-exoskeleton/. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Styles, Gordon. "Developing a New Product Using Advanced Manufacturing Technologies". LJB MANAGEMENT INC.. https://www.manufacturingtomorrow.com/content.php?post=9413. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Best Online 3D Printing Services in 2019". https://all3dp.com/1/best-online-3d-printing-service-3d-print-services/. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Bradsher, Keith (8 August 2018). "Trump's Tariffs Are Changing Trade With China. Here Are 2 Emerging Endgames.". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/business/trump-trade-china.html. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star Rapid. Read more