Company:Tusaş Engine Industries
Tusaş Engine Industries (TEI) (Turkish: TUSAŞ Motor Sanayii A.Ş.), is a plant dedicated to the production of critical parts for commercial and military aircraft, also producing a marine engines line, is manufacturing center is located in Eskişehir, Turkey . TEI was founded in 1985 as a joint venture between GE Aviation and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), the Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, and the Turkish Aeronautical Association.
The company started with component manufacturing for the General Electric F110 engine powering the F-16, and is planning other jet engine parts related to the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A380.
Some of the projects undertaken by TEI include:
- LHTEC T800 turboshaft engines for rotary wing applications such as the T-129 Atak.
- An indigenous engine to power the TAI TFX.
- General Electric T700 for the T-70, a local variant of the S-70 Black Hawk.
- TJ90 engines for UAVs.
- Local turboshaft engines for the T-625 light utility helicopter.
- PD170 engines for the TAI Anka UAVs.
- CFM International LEAP engines.
- F-136 engines for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter.
- Official site of TEI
- Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, TUSAS ENGINE INDUSTRIES INC. – TEI
- VERICUT probes aero engine machining efficiency
- EOS completes pilot phase of metal additive manufacturing process monitoring system. Machinery.
- Turkish Air Force - TUAF
- GE and TAI Extend Tusas Engine Industries, Inc. Joint Venture for Another 25 Years. 29 January 2010. GE Aviation.
- Flight Global, LHTEC aims for Turkish assembly of CTS800 engine
- Turkey keen on attack helicopter program despite snags. Hürriyet Daily News.
- Defense News, Turks Seek Indigenous Engine Technology
- Defense News, New $3.5B Deal Paves Way for Turkish-made Black Hawks
- Steps taken to support Saudi Arabia’s defence industry efforts
- F-16.net, Turkish Engine Industries Develops first TurboJet Engine
- Turkish Aerospace Industries gave an official designation to their newest offering, the T-625.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries officially designates in-house utility helicopter
- Xponential 2016: TEI outlines PD170 development
- Analysis: Turkey’s Fruitless Quest for Armed Drones. The algemeiner.
- Turkey seeks to develop local engines for UAVs and tank. Hürriyet Daily News.
- TEI taking a Giant LEAP towards the Future, Aligning Progressive Targets with Goals of the Defense Industry
- Hi-tech investment launched in Gebze. Hürriyet Daily News.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Tusaş Engine Industries. Read more