|Founded||Bellevue, Washington (2008)|
Number of employees
Unify Square is a privately held American company developing software and offering services for managing collaboration and communications platforms, including Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Skype for Business, Slack, Zoom, Workplace by Facebook, and Microsoft Office 365. The company was founded in 2008 and has its headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
Unify Square was founded in 2008 in Bellevue, Washington. Sonu Aggarwal, the company's founder, received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT. While at MIT, he developed algorithms for computer networks. He later used that knowledge while working for Microsoft as a developer of Live Communications Server and Office Communications Server.
A funding round in February 2015, gathered $8.2 million. In its B series, the company raised $4 million. In 2018 its C series of funding, led by the German firm Primepulse SE, Unify Square raised an additional $10M.
By 2019, the company had reached 175 employees, 35 of those based in Bellevue and the remainder distributed between offices in Germany, India, Singapore, Australia, Lithuania, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
Products and services
Unify Square initially provided software, consulting, and cloud-managed services solely for the Microsoft unified-communications applications Lync and Skype for Business. The company began offering support for Microsoft Teams in 2017. In the spring of 2019, Unify Square started offering software, cloud-managed services, and consulting for non-Microsoft collaboration-and-communications application platforms including Slack, Zoom, and Workplace by Facebook.
From 2010 to 2015, Unify Square offered four distinct stand-alone software applications targeting Microsoft Lync. Unify Square PowerProv offered end-to-end provisioning for Lync and Skype for Business. Unify Square PowerMon was a synthetic transaction monitoring application that performed fault detection in unified communications systems. Unify Square PowerView software provided analytics in usage, conferencing and adoption analytics, while Unify Square PowerSat facilitated end-user satisfaction surveys.
In 2016, Unify Square consolidated its software offerings into a single product called PowerSuite. Unify Square PowerSuite is a SaaS cloud-based service that also includes device management, call reporting, service reviews, helpdesk, executive support, usage & adoption, and problem management.
In addition to software, Unify Square provides remote cloud-managed services and consulting.
- Loeb, Steven (August 11, 2015). "Enterprise communication platform Unify Square raises $4M". vator news. http://vator.tv/news/2015-08-11-enterprise-communication-platform-unify-square-raises-4m. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Springer, Richard (March 27, 2015). "Business Briefs: Highfive Raises $32 Million in Funding". India West. http://www.indiawest.com/news/business/business-briefs-highfive-raises-million-in-funding/article_c302b256-d403-11e4-a2a2-bb0fe4f3f8a3.html. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Hanley Frank, Blair (February 25, 2015). "Unify Square raises $8.2M, partners with Microsoft to boost tools for Lync". GeekWire. http://www.geekwire.com/2015/unify-square-raises-8-2m-partners-with-microsoft-to-boost-tools-for-lync/. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Dudley, Brier (February 25, 2015). "Microsoft invests in Bellevue’s Unify Square". The Seattle Times. http://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/microsoft-partner-unify-square-raises-11-million/. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Soper, Taylor (2 July 2018). "Unify Square raises $10M to help businesses deploy Skype and Microsoft Teams". GeekWire. https://www.geekwire.com/2018/unify-square-raises-10m-help-businesses-deploy-skype-microsoft-teams/. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Day, Matt (August 11, 2015). "Microsoft pumps more funding into Unify Square". The Seattle Times. http://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/microsoft-pumps-more-funding-into-unify-square/. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- Dame, Jonathan (1 May 2019). "Unify Square adds Slack, Zoom, FB to IT management software". TechTarget. https://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/news/252462636/Unify-Square-adds-Slack-Zoom-FB-to-IT-management-software. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Schwartz, Jeffrey (23 April 2019). "Skype for Business-Focused Unify Square Shifts to Multiplatform Management". Channel Futures. https://www.channelfutures.com/voice-connectivity/skype-for-business-focused-unify-square-shifts-to-multiplatform-management. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Schultz, Beth (25 April 2019). "Unify Square Taps Cross-Platform Collaboration Management". No Jitter. https://www.nojitter.com/monitoring-management/unify-square-taps-cross-platform-collaboration-management. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Talbot, Chris (May 6, 2015). "Unify Square removes tedious manual Skype management with PowerProv tool". FierceEnterpriseCommunications. http://www.fierceenterprisecommunications.com/story/unify-square-removes-tedious-manual-skype-management-powerprov-tool/2015-05-06. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Pleasant, Blair (August 17, 2015). "Update on Industry News – Summer Edition". Unified Communications Strategies. http://www.ucstrategies.com/unified-communications-strategies-views/update-on-industry-news-summer-edition.aspx. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Deutsche Telekom picks Unify Square for UCC monitoring". telecompaper.com. February 25, 2015. http://www.telecompaper.com/news/deutsche-telekom-picks-unify-square-for-ucc-monitoring--1067275. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Stein, Dave (September 17, 2014). "UC Analytics: What is it? Do We Need it? Is it Ready for Prime Time?". nojitter.com. http://www.nojitter.com/post/240169035/uc-analytics-what-is-it--do-we-need-it--is-it-ready-for-prime-time. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Fasciani, Mike; Bhalla, Vivek; Dewnarain, Gyanee; Trueman, Christopher; Blood, Steve (8 May 2018). "Cool Vendors in Unified Communications and Collaboration". Gartner Research. https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3874563. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Schultz, Beth (24 November 2014). "Unify Square Offers Plan for Keeping Lync on Track". No Jitter. http://www.nojitter.com/post/240169332/unify-square-offers-plan-for-keeping-lync-on-track. Retrieved 23 September 2015.