DMelt:Dev/Usage And Popularity
Usage and Popularity
This section is a working draft for wikipedia.
DataMelt and its earlier versions, SCaVis (2013-2015) and JHepWork (2005-2013), which are still available from DataMelt archive repository are discussed and compared with similar packages in:               .
The DataMelt (2015-), a new development of the JHepWork and SCaVis programs. Comparisons of DataMelt with other popular packages for statistical and numeric analysis are given in these reviews      .
jHepWork, SCaVis/DatMelt are part of the software library of National Institutes of Health Library , Mathematical support of Institute for Nuclear Research of Russian academy of Sciences and others. On a commercial site, DataMelt is provided as a service on Amazon EC2 clouds by the Miri Infotech IT Solution Provider company .
It is difficult to judge how many users use DataMelt since download information from the main resource  is not available. Sourceforge, which provides an alternative download option, quotes 300 monthly downloads  (May 2018).
One estimate can be done by looking at the popularity of the book which, de facto, is a description of the DataMelt program. According to the Springer International, this book is top 25% most downloadable books in 2016 and 2017 in the category "Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing" . Since the publication of the book, Springer detects 26k chapter downloads until May 2018, about 1500 per chapter. The previous book describing jHepWork had a similar popularity . Bookmetrix estimates 140 readers of the DataMelt book.
- Comparative Study of Diverse Collection of Data Mining Tools. By S. Sarumathi, N. Shanthi, S. Vidhya, M. Sharmila. International Journal of Computer, Control, Quantum and Information Engineering. 2014; 8(6). 7.
- jHepWork – full-featured multiplatform data-analysis framework. 
- Data Analysis and Data Mining Using Java, Jython and jHepWork Blog 
- Java Applications: Weka, Svnkit, Jhepwork, Fiji, Memoranda, Livegraph, Dirsync Pro, Moneydance, Rachota Timetracker, Data Mapping Engine. de LLC Books (2010) (Redactor) 
- HEP data analysis using jHepWork and Java. Proceedings of the HERA-LHC workshops (2007-2008), DESY-CERN 
- A Study of Tools, Techniques, and Trends for Big Data Analytics. By R.Shireesha et al. (2016) International Journal of Advance Computing Technique and Applications (IJACTA), ISSN : 2321-4546, Vol 4, Issue 1 
- Comparison of Various Tools for Data Mining. By P.Kaur etc. IJERT ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 3 Issue 10 (2010) []
- Advanced Web and Network Technologies, and Applications. By Heng Tao Shen et al. Springer Science & Business Media - 2006-01-09
- SCaVis 2.1. Review by Pete Daniel (2014) 
- DataMelt – Werkbank für technisch-wissenschaftliche Berechnungen und Visualisierungen mit Java und Jython, Java SPEKTRUM (German) 5/2013, 26-28, 
- Suitability analysis of data mining tools and methods. . S.Kovac, Bachelor's thesis (in English), jHepWork is reviewed on page 39-42, Masaryk University.
- Gestion del Conocimiento (in Spanish), Universidad del Magdalena, A.E.Gonzalez, A.M.Pertuz, S.Pimienta, A,Cana, A.Quiceno,  (p 20-25).
- VeryCD. JHepWork tutorial
- 5 of the Best Free and Open Source Data Mining Software. by Jun Auza (2010). TechSource 
- Comparative Analysis of Information Extraction Techniques for Data Mining, by Amit Verma et al. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9, March 2016 
- Evaluation and comparison of open source software suites for data mining and knowledge discovery. A.H. Altalhi et al. Wiley Online Library (2017) 
- Brief Review of Educational Applications Using Data Mining and Machine Learning, , by A. Berenice Urbina Nájera, Jorgede la Calleja Mora, Redie ISSN 1607-4041. Revista Electrónica de Investigación Educativa, 19(4), 84-96
- Analysis of Data Using Data Mining tool Orange. Maqsud S.Kukasvadiya et. al.  (2017) IJEDR, Volume 5, Issue 2, ISSN: 2321-9939
- Big Data - A Survey of Big Data Technologies. By P.Dhavalchandra, M.Jignasu, R.Amit. International Journal of Science and Technology. Volume 2, p45-50 (2016) 
- Best free data analytics tools, 2018. CIO. Aticle. By Matt Kapko. 
- Top 15 Best Free Data Mining Tools. Software Testing Help 
- DataMelt. Predictive analytic review. 
- Free statistical software. Article published from the Citizendium 
- 19 Best Data Mining Tools. Data Mining Tutorials by Data Flair 
- Other data analysis frameworks. . Review by DataForge. Institute for Nuclear Research of Russian academy of Sciences
- DataMaition. Hadoop and Big Data: 60 Top Open Source Tools 
- The Data Science Toolkit: 24 free data science tools by Naina Sethi. 
- Top 7 Data Mining Tools.  By Snyder Libbys (2018)
- The Most Popular Python Scientific Libraries. Apr 2017. 
- 5 Most Commonly Used Open Source Data Mining Tools. CodeCondo blog by Sabeer Shaikh 
- 25 amazing Java desktop applications by M. Schulenburg. 
- Big Data Mining. 2017 Open Source Big Data Mining Tools. Intelegency.ORG (2017) 
- 5 of the Best Free and Open Source Data Mining Software. Blog (2010) J. Auza. TechSource. News. Reviews. 
- PC Quest review. 8 Enterprise Class Open Source Tools for Data and Text Mining by by Raj Kumar Maurya. Oct 2015 
- 25+ Free Data Mining Tools for Better Analysis. RankRED. By Varun Kumar. (2015) Internet Technology Knowledge. 
- 8 Best Open Source Data Mining Tools e/]
- Top application for scientific computation, data analysis and data visualization that features IDE, Jython shell and BeanShell consoles, various programming languages, and LaTeX editing capabilities 
- Top 10 open source data mining tools. By I.V.Shravan, Open Source Portal. 2017, 
- 7 ferramentas gratuitas e eficazes para análise de dados, by Matt Kapko (2018). ComputerWord 
- 2018年7款最佳免费数据分析工具 (2018) 
- Data Sciences Workstation: SCaVis. By Lisa Federer. National Institutes of Health Library 
- The DataForge, Sector for Mathematical Support of Institute for Nuclear Research of Russian academy of Sciences 
- Miri Infotech. A Complete IT Solution Provider. DataMelt deployment
- Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform, S.Chekanov, Springer, 2016
- Springer Book Performance Report 
- Springer download Statistics of the book "Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform" 2016 
- Springer download Statistics of the book "Scientific Data Analysis using Jython Scripting and Java"