Finance:List of banks in Spain
This is a list of banks in Spain. Spain has 10 banking groups that are directly supervised by the European Central Bank. As of September 2021, the "big four" in Spain are:
There were formerly a "big six" (los seis grandes) composed of three banks that are now part of BBVA (Banco de Bilbao, Banco de Vizcaya, and state-owned Banco Argentaria) and three now combined as Santander (Banco Central, Banco Hispanoamericano, and Banco de Santander).
List of banks by total assets
|Rank||Company||Global assets (bn €)||Local assets (bn €)||Notes|
|1||Banco Santander||1,444||610||Global systemically important bank (Bucket 1) identified by Financial Stability Board. Supervised by the European Central Bank|
|2||Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria||732||409|
|4||Banco de Sabadell||213||178|
|Global assets as of December 31, 2017 / Local assets as of December 31, 2019|
- Bank of Spain
- Banco Santander
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
- Banco Sabadell
- Banca March
- España, Business Insider (10 June 2018). "Los 50 mayores bancos de Europa por activos totales". https://www.businessinsider.es/50-mayores-bancos-europa-activos-totales-253492.
- HelpMyCash. "Ranking bancos españoles - ¿Cuál es el mejor?". https://www.helpmycash.com/banco/ranking-bancos-espanoles/.
- "2018 list of global systemically important banks (G-SIBs)" (Press release). Financial Stability Board. 21 November 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "List of supervised entities". European Central Bank. 1 January 2018. pp. 9–10. https://www.bankingsupervision.europa.eu/ecb/pub/pdf/ssm.list_of_supervised_entities_201802.en.pdf.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List of banks in Spain. Read more