Finance:Short-term business statistics
Short-term business statistics (STS) are economic statistics published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Commission. They cover all member states of the European Union and - in some areas - also third countries, and provide aggregated results for the euro area and the EU. Short-term business statistics provide information on the economic development of four major domains: industry, construction, retail trade, and other services. These domains are defined in relation to a classification of economic activities, the NACE Rev.2 (Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community, second revision).
For the four domains the following variables are reported (most on a monthly, some on a quarterly basis):
- Industry: Production, turnover (domestic and non-domestic), number of persons employed, hours worked, gross wages and salaries, output prices (domestic and non-domestic), import prices.
- Construction: Production (total, of buildings and of civil engineering), number of persons employed, hours worked, gross wages and salaries, construction costs (material costs, wage costs), construction permits.
- Retail trade and repair: Turnover, retail trade volume, number of persons employed, hours worked, gross wages and salaries.
- Other services: Turnover, output prices (service producer prices), number of persons employed, hours worked, gross wages and salaries.
- Eurostat - Statistics Explained: Short-term business statistics - legal base
- Council Regulation (EC) No 1165/98 of 19 May 1998 concerning short-term statistics, Official Journal of the European Communities. L 162, 1998-06-05, pp. 1-15.
- "Regulation (EC) No 1158/2005 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 July 2005 amending Council Regulation (EC) No 1165/98 concerning short-term statistics", Official Journal of the European Communities. L 191, 2005-07-22, pp. 1-15.
- Eurostat - Short-term business statistics
- Eurostat - Statistics Explained: all articles on short-term business statistics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-term business statistics was the original source. Read more.