Short description: Application programming interface
- Java API for XML Processing, or JAXP
- Java API for XML Messaging, or JAXM
- Jakarta XML RPC, or JAX-RPC — formerly Java API for XML Based RPC deprecated for Java API for XML Web Services
- Jakarta XML Registries, or JAXR — formerly Java API for XML Registries
- Jakarta XML Web Services, or JAX-WS — formerly Java API for XML Web Services
- Jakarta RESTful Web Services, or JAX-RS — formerly Java API for RESTful Web Services
- Java API for XQuery, or XQJ
- Jakarta XML Binding, or JAXB — formerly Java Architecture for XML Binding (this was its official Sun name, even though it is an API, see )
- Streaming XML processing, or StAX (compatible with JDK 1.4 and above, included in JDK 1.6)
Only the Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) is a required API in Enterprise Java Beans Specification 1.3.
A number of different open-source software packages implement these APIs:
- Xerces — One of the original and most popular SAX and DOM parsers
- Xalan — XSLT/XPath implementation, included in JDK 1.4 and above as the default transformer (XSLT 1.0)
- Saxon — alternative highly specification-compliant XSLT/XPath/XQuery processor (supports both XSLT 1.0 and 2.0)
- Woodstox — An open-source StAX and SAX (as of version 3.2) implementation
- StelsXML JDBC driver - JDBC driver for XML files.
- Woodstox - Woodstox home page.
- How To Schema Check Xml Via JAXB - Rob Austin
- Java EE and web framework tutorials - Learning xml in java.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java XML. Read more