|Founder||Jenna Arnold, Greg Segal|
|Bryan Sivan, Reggie Love, Dara Kass|
ORGANIZE is a US-based non-profit focused on bringing reform to the organ donation system. ORGANIZE was co-founded by Jenna Arnold and Greg Segal in late 2013 after Segal's father, Rick Segal, was forced to wait five years to undergo a heart transplant. In 2015, ORGANIZE received an Innovator in Residence position in the Office of the US Secretary of Health and Human Services and was a featured presenter the 2016 White House Organ Donation Summit.
On May 14, 2017, ORGANIZE's living donor registry, www.giveandlive.us, was the featured call to action on the HBO series Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
Awards and recognition
ORGANIZE has been profiled in the New York Times, Washington Post, Forbes, Slate, and Fast Company. ORGANIZE received the $1MM First Prize in the Verizon Powerful Answers Award, the Inaugural Stanford MedX Health Care Design Award, a Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Award, and the Classy Award as one of the top 10 social change organizations in the world. The New York Times called ORGANIZE one of 2016's "Biggest Ideas in Social Change", and ORGANIZE's co-founders have been honored in Inc Magazine's "35 Under 35 List" and Oprah's list of 100 Super Soul Influencers.
At the 2016 White House Organ Donation Summit, ORGANIZE announced partnerships to promote organ donation with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Funny or Die, and the White House Social and Behavioral Sciences Team, among others.
On August 14, 2015, ORGANIZE was honored during the pre-game ceremony at Fenway Park for a baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and the Seattle Mariners, and co-founder Greg Segal's father, a heart transplant recipient, threw out the game's Ceremonial First Pitch.
- Schwartz, Ariel (30 January 2014). "Can This New Startup End the Organ Shortage Forever?" Fast Company. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Innovator in Residence - Department of Health and Human Services". http://petrieflom.law.harvard.edu/resources/opportunity/innovator-in-residence. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Dialysis: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)". YouTube. 14 May 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_nqzVfxFQ&t=3s. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Bornstein, David (10 May 2016). "Opinion - Using Tweets and Posts to Speed Up Organ Donation". https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/opinion/using-tweets-and-posts-to-speed-up-organ-donation.html. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Bernstein, Lenny (13 June 2016). "White House, private sector act to reduce organ transplant waiting list". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/06/13/white-house-private-sector-act-to-reduce-organ-transplant-waiting-list/. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "How Tech Entrepreneurs, Big And Small, Are Helping Solve The Problem Of Organ Donation". https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemontgomery/2016/08/29/how-tech-entrepreneurs-big-and-small-are-helping-solve-the-problem-of-organ-donation/. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Brogan, Jacob (29 June 2016). "The Final Gift". http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/06/organize_s_organ_donation_registry_takes_social_media_posts_into_account.html. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Can This New Startup End The Organ Donor Shortage Forever? - Fast Company". 30 January 2014. https://www.fastcompany.com/3025482/can-this-new-startup-end-the-organ-donor-shortage-forever. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-09. https://web.archive.org/web/20150709234710/http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/01/verizons-1m-powerful-answers-award-winners-boast-solutions-with-potential-to-change-our-world-for-the-better.html. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Medicine X 2015- Greg Segal, Health Care Design Award Winner". https://medicinex.wistia.com/medias/usec8l0tjk. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Introducing the 2016 Classy Awards Winners". https://www.classy.org/blog/introducing-classy-awards-winners/. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Rosenberg, Tina (6 December 2016). "Opinion - A Year of Big Ideas in Social Change". https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/opinion/a-year-of-big-ideas-in-social-change.html. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Why This Startup Wants to Go Out of Business in 5 Years". https://www.inc.com/carolyn-cutrone/35-under-35-organize-greg-segal-and-jenna-arnold.html. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "SuperSoul 100: The Complete List - SuperSoul.tv". http://www.supersoul.tv/category/supersoul-100/the-complete-list. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "FACT SHEET: Obama Administration Announces Key Actions to Reduce the Organ Waiting List". 13 June 2016. https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/06/13/fact-sheet-obama-administration-announces-key-actions-reduce-organ. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Heart recipient throwing out first pitch at Fenway". http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13437738/heart-recipient-throwing-first-pitch-fenway. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ORGANIZE. Read more