|Founder||Frederico Andrade, Daniel Bogre Udell, Lindie Botes|
Wikitongues is an American non-profit organization registered in the state of New York. It aims to document all the languages in the world. It was founded by Frederico Andrade, Daniel Bogre Udell and Lindie Botes in 2014.
Poly is an open source software built to share and learn languages. The project was supported on Kickstarter and the organization was able to raise $52,716 USD with the help of 429 backers. Currently the software is under development.
All the videos are released under CC-by-NC 4.0 license. Recently, another option to release the video under CC-by-SA 4.0 has also been introduced.
- Kate Groetzinger (February 12, 2016). "Anyone can contribute to this dictionary of the world’s dying languages". Quartz. http://qz.com/615467/anyone-can-contribute-to-this-dictionary-of-the-worlds-dying-languages/. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- Judith Duffy (28 June 2014). "Dinnae haud yer wheesht ... team collating all languages on planet lands in Scotland". Herald Scotland. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13167666.Dinnae_haud_yer_wheesht_____team_collating_all_languages_on_planet_lands_in_Scotland/. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "Wikitongues Press Release". http://wikitongues.org/press/. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Wikitongues: Biography". Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/wikitongues. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Wikitongues (2016-11-04). "Hello from Wikitongues". https://medium.com/wikitongues/hello-from-wikitongues-e7ad62fa3bcb.
- Nina Strochlic (2018-04-16). "The Race to Save the World's Disappearing Languages". National Geographic. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/04/saving-dying-disappearing-languages-wikitongues-culture/.
- Jared Goyette (February 23, 2016). "This nonprofit wants to build a tool to share and document all the world’s languages". PRI. http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-02-23/nonprofit-wants-build-tool-share-and-document-all-world-s-languages. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Wikitongues. "Share and learn every language in the world". Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wikitongues/poly-share-and-learn-every-language-in-the-world. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Wikitongues. "Wikitongues Licensing". Wikitongues. https://wikitongues.org/licensing. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Saving Languages From Extinction". YouTube. 17 April 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMkmEzUE18.
- Elmasry, Faiza (12 February 2019). "Wikitongues Seeks to Save World’s Dying Languages" (in en). https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/wikitongues-seeks-to-save-world-s-dying-languages/4783745.html.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Wikitongues. Read more