Production assurance is a way to ensure a productive capacity meets its intended end-results such as customer requirements, planned production levels, safety, reliability, risk and direct economic cost. The term is used in industries as far reaching as livestock production, oil and gas and information technology. Production assurance is broadly related to productivity and quality management since organizational and human factors must be considered, as well as technical aspects. ISO 20815:2008 introduces production assurance as a concept composed of twelve processes where "seven are defined as core production-assurance processes". Production assurance normally exists in the context of an enterprise or between producers and oversight bodies, such as regulators.
- Javad Barabady, Tore Markeset, Uday Kumar, (2010) "Review and discussion of production assurance program", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 27 Iss: 6, pp.702 - 720
- Barabady, Javad; Markeset, Tore; Kumar, Uday (2010). "A framework for improvement of production plant performance using production assurance programs". Int J Syst Assur Eng Manag 1 (1): 59–65. doi:10.1007/s13198-010-0001-1.
- Livestock Production Assurance Handbook, Meat and Livestock Australia Ltd., ISBN:978-1-74036-299-3, 2015
- ISO 20815:2008 – Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries – Production assurance and reliability management, International Organization for Standardization, 2012
- Tayor and Francis Group, Safety Reliability and Risk Analysis: Theory Methods and Applications, ISBN:978-0-415-48513-5, 2009, p.1491
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Production assurance. Read more