Religion:Raja Veda Kavya Patasala, Kumbakonam
Raja Veda Kavya Patasala , is a well-known Patasala also Paathasala (school) located at Kumbakonam, Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu, India .
It is located on the southern banks of the Cauvery river.
By the efforts of Govinda Dikshitar this Patasala was established. His other monumental works are the gopura and granary of Palaivananathar Temple, new shrines and gopura of Kumbeswarar Temple, and Ramaswamy Temple. Established in 1542 CE, this Patasala produced eminent scholars. To main this, in 1972 CE Advaitha Vidyacharya Maharaja Sahib Sri Govindha Dikshitar Punya Smarana Smriti was set up. The primary aim of this institution is to impart the knowledge of VEDAS and Sastric studies. This Patasala is continuing its services for the past 473 year without interruption. The three sects Smartha,Vaishnava and Madhwa without any discrimination undergo their respective Vedic studies here. The 480th annual day was celebrated on 8 May 2022.
In this Patasala, classes are taken on four vedas for eight and ten years and certificates are issued to students. A student can continue his study in this institution, along with School education.
This was renovated in 1933 CE and on 1 November 2015.
- Raja Veda Kavya Patasala
- பாலாஜி, கோவிந்த தீட்சிதர், கல்கி, 29.2.2004
- Diaspora of the gods: modern Hindu temples in an urban middle-class world .P.246. Joanne Punzo Waghorne
- Kumbakonam Vedic school gets a facelift, The Hindu, 1st November 2015
- Raja Veda Kavya Patasala - Annual Day 2022, Thanjavur Parampara
- கும்பகோணத்தில் 473 ஆண்டுகள் பழமையான ராஜவேத காவிய பாடசாலை புதுப்பித்து இன்று திறப்பு, தி இந்து, நவம்பர் 1, 2015
- கோவிந்த தீட்சிதரும் மகாமகக்குளமும், தினமலர் கோயில்கள்
- Geetha Venktaraman, Four centuries and after, The Hindu, 7 May 2015
- Raja Veda Kavya Patasala - Kumbakonam, Tamil Gnanaboomi, 14 Aug 2019
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raja Veda Kavya Patasala, Kumbakonam. Read more