Software:National Advanced Driving Simulator
The National Advanced Driving Simulator at the University of Iowa was the largest[clarification needed] ground vehicle driving simulator in the world until November 2007, when Toyota's driving simulator at Higashifuji Technical Center was built.
The National Advanced Driving Simulator was developed from 1996 through 2001 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to conduct human factors research on driver behavior.
The simulator consists of a dome with a vehicle cab inside. The vehicle is attached to a motorized turntable that allows the dome to rotate and simulate different driving conditions. 64 feet of longitudinal and lateral travel and 330 degrees of rotation are used to give motion cues to the driver inside. Different makes and models of car cabs can be utilized. The driving simulator was designed, developed and produced by MTS Systems Corporation of Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
- Chang, Kuang-Hua (February 3, 2013). Product Performance Evaluation using CAD/CAE: The Computer Aided Engineering Design Series. Academic Press. p. 194. ISBN 9780123984692. https://books.google.com/books?id=tc47vqyr4GAC&pg=PA192.
- Bartolo, Paulo Jorge da Silva (September 15, 2005). Virtual Modelling and Rapid Manufacturing: Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping, 28 Sep-1 Oct 2005, Leiria, Portugal. CRC Press. pp. 77–78. ISBN 9780415390620. https://books.google.com/books?id=jdiNh0CXxPgC&pg=PA77.
- Christos, Jeffrey P.; Grygier, Paul A.. "Experimental Testing of a 1994 Ford Taurus for NADSdyna Validation". http://nhthqnlas188.nhtsa.dot.gov/DOT/NHTSA/NRD/Multimedia/PDFs/VRTC/ca/capubs/taurus_test.pdf. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Salaani, M. Kamel; Dennis A. Guenther; Gary J. Heydinger (1999). Vehicle Dynamics Modeling for the National Advanced Driving Simulator of a 1997 Jeep Cherokee. SAE International. doi:10.4271/1999-01-0121.
- Stall, Douglas A.; Bourne, Simon (January 15, 1996). "National Advanced Driving Simulator: Potential Applications to ITS and AHS Research". http://ntl.bts.gov/lib/9000/9400/9429/LY01.pdf. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ National Advanced Driving Simulator. Read more