Source (International Information Support Centre)
Source provides access to a collection of more than 25,000 published and unpublished resources related to health, disability and international development. This includes books, journals, reports, posters, CD-ROMs, manuals, websites and organisations.
Source was set up as a collaborative venture of Healthlink Worldwide, a non-profit organisation, and the Centre for International Health and Development. The information support centre aims to increase access to health and disability related resources, produced for and by people with disabilities in developing countries, in order to promote research and learning among health professionals, students, disabled people’s organisations (DPOs) and NGOs working in international development world-wide.
Source holds background resources relevant to the Medicines Transparency Alliance (MeTA) arranged in key lists on specific topics. Key topics include HIV and AIDS; disability, inclusion and development; participatory communication; early childhood development and mother and child health. The collection includes a variety of articles on disability rights, in particular on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and toolkits for its implementation.
- Australian Development Gateway: “Ask Source”. 2009-05-28
- "International HIV/AIDS Alliance: "HIV Information Links". Retrieved on 2010-10-22". International HIV/AIDS Alliance. http://www.aidsalliance.org/Pagedetails.aspx?id=271. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "research on ICT and Health". 25.09.2006". infoDev. 2006-09-25. http://www.infodev.org/en/Article.73.html. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "European Blind Union: “Development Cooperation”. Retrieved on 2010-10-29". Euroblind.org. http://www.euroblind.org/fichiersGB/cooperation.htm. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Medicines Transparency Alliance (MeTA): “Background Resources”. Retrieved on 2010-10-27". Medicinestransparency.org. http://www.medicinestransparency.org/resources/background-resources. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO): “UNESCO Libraries Portal: Health”. Retrieved on 2010-10-27". Unesco-ci.org. http://www.unesco-ci.org/cgi-bin/portals/libraries/page.cgi?g=Libraries%2FHealth%2Fmore2.html;d=1. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source (International Information Support Centre). Read more