Type of site
|Founder(s)||Andrei Oghina |
|Alexa rank||42,572 (Feb 2019[update])|
TasteDive (formerly named TasteKid) is an entertainment recommendation engine for films, TV shows, music, video games, and books. It also has elements of a social media site.
When a user types in the title of a film or TV show, the site's algorithm provides a list of similar content. It provides recommendations for TV shows to watch based on films liked by the user, and vice versa. It also provides recommendations for music, video games, and books, and includes film and TV trailers and music videos. An account is free and is not required to receive recommendations, but recommendations are more accurate for those with an account. The more a user explores the site, the more the site learns about the user's preferences and the better the results become. The site also has a social media aspect where one can see activity and gain recommendations from other users, how many others in the community like or dislike any recommendation, and how popular their tastes are within the TasteDive community.
- Rating site
- Recommender system
- "tastedive.com Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/tastedive.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Lowensohn, Josh (28 October 2008). "Taste Kid offers dead simple content recommendations via search". CNET. https://www.cnet.com/news/taste-kid-offers-dead-simple-content-recommendations-via-search/. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Bryant, Martin (16 December 2010). "TasteKid now recommending movies, music and books to over 15,000 users". The Next Web. https://thenextweb.com/eu/2010/12/16/tastekid-now-recommending-movies-music-and-books-to-over-15000-users/. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- O'Dell, Bethanie. "Reader's Advisory: Four Sites That Will Help You Fake It". Info Today. http://www.infotoday.com/cilmag/jul17/ODell--Readers-Advisory-Four-Sites-That-Will-Help-You-Fake-It.shtml. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Novak, Alison (2016). Defining Identity and the Changing Scope of Culture in the Digital Age. IGI Global. p. 46. ISBN 9781522502128. https://books.google.com/books?id=L9k6DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=%22tastekid%22#v=onepage. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Ha, Anthony (13 February 2019). "Qloo acquires cultural recommendation service TasteDive". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/13/qloo-acquires-tastedive/. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Nield, David (10 July 2017). "How to find the best music, movie, and TV recommendations". Popular Science. https://www.popsci.com/find-best-music-movie-tv-recommendations#page-6. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Reisinger, Don (19 March 2009). "Top 10 movie recommendation engines". CNET. https://www.cnet.com/news/top-10-movie-recommendation-engines/. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Staveley, Jessica (31 December 2018). "The genius hack for picking a movie when you absolutely cannot decide what to watch.". MamaMia. https://www.mamamia.com.au/best-movies-to-watch/. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Hullinger, Jessica (7 April 2015). "6 smart tools that will help you discover new music". The Week. https://theweek.com/articles/544447/6-smart-tools-that-help-discover-new-music. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Patkar, Mihir (30 September 2017). "5 Sites to Find Which TV Show to Watch Next". makeuseof.com. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sites-find-tv-show-watch-next/. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ TasteDive. Read more