Unicro SmartMatch is a defunct proprietary intelligent search engine that searched résumés and other information about job applicants and matches that information with job descriptions. It was developed at Guru.com between 2001 and 2003 and was acquired by Unicru in 2004. During development it was referred to by its codename Convex. SmartMatch uses a variety of techniques from artificial intelligence research to produce high-quality search results. Its three major components are:
- A resume parser that can locate the principal structure of English-language résumés.
- A domain-specific ontology that allows the extraction of concepts from parsed resumes
- A set of machine learning tools that automatically extend and enhance the ontology
- Dan Crow
- Employment website
- "Unicru SmartMatch: The perfect blend of human and machine intelligence.". Unicru. Archived from the original on 2004-02-18. https://web.archive.org/web/20040218155501/http://www.unicru.com//solution/search.aspx. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Crow, Dan and DeSanto, John. A Hybrid Approach to Concept Extraction and Recognition-Based Matching in the Domain of Human Resources. 16th. International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence. http://csdl2.computer.org/persagen/DLAbsToc.jsp?resourcePath=/dl/proceedings/ictai/&toc=comp/proceedings/ictai/2004/2236/00/2236toc.xml&DOI=10.1109/ICTAI.2004.12.