- Evaluation of a rem responding neutron detector for use around the University of Rochester's 20 MeV Emperor Tandem Van De Graaff Accelerator
- Blair, Henry A., (27 April 1950) Quarterly Technical Report, 1 January 1950 thru 31 March 1950, Health and Biology UR-116, The University of Rochester, Atomic Energy Project, pp. 111.
- Rochester Alumni-Alumnae Review, September–October 1946, 30 University Personnel Return from Bikini (Operations Crossroads). Herbert Mermagen in photo. Vol. XXV, No. 1, p. 9.
- Rochester Review, Lee D. Alderman, Editor, December/January 1962, Medical Center News. Vol. XXIV, No. 2, p. 17-18.
- "News of Science". Science 122 (15 July 1955): 112–117. 15 July 1955. doi:10.1126/science.122.3159.112. PMID 17751437.
- Gifford, Bernard R., Mermagen, Herbert, and Maillie, H. David (1968). Evaluation of a rem responding neutron detector for use around the University of Rochester's 20 MeV Emperor Tandem Van De Graaff Accelerator. AEC Research and Development Report, Atomic Energy Project. Rochester, New York: University of Rochester. pp. 25.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert Mermagen. Read more