|Born||1 January 1942(age 78)|
She took her PhD degree at the University of Illinois in 1971. She was appointed as a professor at the University of Trondheim in 1982, now named the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Her research area is representation theory for Artinian algebras, commutative algebra, and homological algebra. Her work with Maurice Auslander now forms the part of the study of Artinian algebras known as Auslander–Reiten theory.
In 2007 Reiten was awarded the Möbius prize. In 2009 she was awarded Fridtjof Nansen's award for successful researchers, (in the field of mathematics and the natural sciences), and the "Nansen medal for outstanding research.
In 2007, she was elected a foreign member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. She is also a member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, and Academia Europaea.
In 2012 she became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
In 2014 the norwegian King appointed Reiten as commander of the Order of St. Olav «for her work as a mathematician».
- Idun Reiten ble Årets Møbius , Universitetsavisa (26.9.07)
- Henriksen, Petter, ed (2007). "Idun Reiten" (in Norwegian). Store norske leksikon. Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. http://www.snl.no/Idun_Reiten. Retrieved 26 October 2009.
- Fridtjof Nansens belønning til fremragende forskere, Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, 28 April 2009.
- Academia Europaea member profile, http://www.ae-info.org/ae/User/Reiten_Idun, retrieved 2015-09-22 .
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897". International Congress of Mathematicians. https://www.mathunion.org/icm-plenary-and-invited-speakers?combine=Reiten.
- Reiten, Idun (1998). "Titling theory and quasi tilted algebras". Doc. Math. (Bielefeld) Extra Vol. ICM Berlin, 1998, vol. II. pp. 109–120. https://www.elibm.org/ft/10011646000.
- «Utnevnelse til St. Olavs Orden», kongehuset.no, 4. mars 2013.
- Idun Reiten at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Publication List at the Mathematical Reviews
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idun Reiten was the original source. Read more.