|Apertural view of a shell of Paracuneus immaculatus|
(Tenison-Woods, 1876) 
- Paracuneus immaculatus peronianus (Tenison-Woods, 1876), occurring in Quarantine Bay, New South Wales, Australia. .: synonym of Paracuneus immaculatus (Tenison-Woods, 1876)
- Paracuneus spadix tumulus (Watson, 1886) found at a depth of 125 m. off Twofold Bay, NSW, Australia. It has become a synonym of Paracuneus immaculatus (Tenison-Woods, 1876)
The shell grows to a length of 19 mm, its diameter 6 mm.
(Original description) The white and shining shell is fusiformly turreted. The spire is acute. The shell contains 9 sloping whorls. These are canaliculate at the sutures, angulate and obsoletely tuberculate above, and transversely obsoletely lirate. The aperture is oval. The outer lipis thin. The sinus is conspicuous. The lip is simple and tuberculate above.
This marine species is endemic to Australia and occurs in the demersal zone off New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania, Australia.
- Tenison-Woods, J.E. (1876) On some new species of Tasmanian marine shells. Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania, 1875, 134–162.
- Paracuneus immaculatus (Tenison-Woods, 1876). Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 1 November 2011.
- Tucker, J.K. 2004 Catalog of recent and fossil turrids (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Zootaxa 682:1–1295.
- Tenison-Woods, J.E. 1876. Description of new Tasmanian shells. Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania 1875: 131–159
- Watson, R.B. 1886. Report on the Scaphopoda and Gastropoda collected by H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873–1876. Report on the Scientific Results of the Voyage of H.M.S. Challenger 1873–1876, Zoology 15(42): 756 pp., 50 pls
- Pritchard, G.B. & Gatliff, J.H. 1899. On some new species of Victorian mollusca. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria n.s. 12(1): 100–106, pl. 8
- Tate, R. & May, W.L. 1901. A revised census of the marine Mollusca of Tasmania. Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales 26(3): 344–471
- Hedley, C. 1903. Scientific results of the trawling expedition of H.M.C.S. "Thetis" off the coast of New South Wales in February and March, 1898. Mollusca. Part II. Scaphopoda and Gastropoda. Memoirs of the Australian Museum 4(6): 325–402, pls 36–37
- Hedley, C. 1922. A revision of the Australian Turridae. Records of the Australian Museum 13(6): 213–359, pls 42–56 This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- May, W.L. 1923. An Illustrated Index of Tasmanian Shells: with 47 plates and 1052 species. Hobart : Government Printer 100 pp.
- Laseron, C. 1954. Revision of the New South Wales Turridae (Mollusca). Australian Zoological Handbook. Sydney : Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales 1–56, pls 1–12.
- Wilson, B. 1994. Australian Marine Shells. Prosobranch Gastropods. Kallaroo, WA : Odyssey Publishing Vol. 2 370 pp.
- Tucker, J.K. 2004 Catalog of recent and fossil turrids (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Zootaxa 682:1–1295
- "Paracuneus immaculatus immaculatus" (in en). Gastropods.com. http://www.gastropods.com/5/Shell_7405.shtml.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracuneus immaculatus. Read more