CSS frameworks offer different modules and tools:
- reset style sheet
- grid especially for responsive web design
- web typography
- set of icons in sprites or icon fonts
- styling for tooltips, buttons, elements of forms
- parts of graphical user interfaces like accordion, tabs, slideshow or modal windows (Lightbox)
- equalizer to create equal height content
- often used CSS helper classes (left, hide)
List of notable CSS frameworks
|Name||Latest release (date)||License||Grid||Units||Features||No. of columns|
|Blueprint||1.0.1 (May 14, 2011)||MIT License||Typography, forms, print, plugins for buttons, tabs, and sprites.|
|Bootstrap||5.2.3 (November 21, 2022)||MIT License
(Apache License prior to 3.1.0)
|YAML||4.1.2 (July 28, 2013)||CC-BY 2.0||fixed, elastic, fluid||px, em, %||Layout, grids, columns, forms, buttons, progressive linearization for responsive layouts, float handling, navigation, typography, accessibility, and add-ons. (accessible tabs, RTL-support, and microformats)||Any|
|YUI CSS grids||3.18.1 (October 22, 2014)||BSD-3||fixed and fluid|
|Tailwind||3.0 (November 5, 2021)||MIT License||fixed, fluid, responsive||Any|
- Comparison of layout engines (Cascading Style Sheets)
- "Releases · joshuaclayton/blueprint-css · GitHub" (in en). https://github.com/joshuaclayton/blueprint-css/releases. Retrieved 23 April 2020. "This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only."
- "Releases · twbs/bootstrap · GitHub" (in en). https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/releases. Retrieved November 15, 2021.
- Bootstrap documentation - Customizing the grid
- "Releases · foundation/foundation-sites · GitHub" (in en). https://github.com/foundation/foundation-sites/releases. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- Foundation documentation - The Grid
- "Releases · yamlcss/yaml · GitHub" (in en). https://github.com/yamlcss/yaml/releases. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "Releases · yui/yui3 · GitHub" (in en). https://github.com/yui/yui3/releases. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS framework. Read more