Category:Enzymes by function
Here is a list of articles in the category Enzymes by function of the Biology portal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Enzymes by function.|
Enzymes appear in this category according to the EC number classification:
- EC 1 Oxidoreductases: catalyze oxidation/reduction reactions
- EC 2 Transferases: transfer a functional group (e.g. a methyl or phosphate group)
- EC 3 Hydrolases: catalyze the hydrolysis of various bonds
- EC 4 Lyases: cleave various bonds by means other than hydrolysis and oxidation
- EC 5 Isomerases: catalyze isomerization changes within a single molecule
- EC 6 Ligases: join two molecules with covalent bonds
- EC 7 Translocases: catalyse the movement of ions or molecules across membranes
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Enzymes by function"
This category contains only the following page.