Here is a list of articles in the Surgery theory category of the Computing portal that unifies foundations of mathematics and computations using computers. :Not to be confused with surgery, a medical operation. In mathematics, specifically in topology, surgery theory is a cutting and glueing technique used to modify manifolds, and is the main tool for classifying high-dimensional manifolds, where high means [math]\gt 4[/math].
Pages in category "Surgery theory"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Surgery theory (computing)
- Cobordism (computing)
- Farrell–Jones conjecture (computing)
- L-theory (computing)
- Obstruction theory (computing)
- Plumbing (mathematics) (computing)
- Rokhlin's theorem (computing)