|Founder||Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology|
Aachen, Germany, University of Texas at El Paso
Aconity3D is a German company which manufactures multi-metal 3D printers for research and industrial settings. The company took part in creation of a multi-metal printing using Laser Powder Bed Fusion method. The Financial Times has ranked Aconity3D as one of Europe's 1000 fastest growing companies. The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Aachen, Germany.
The company produces a range of platforms and modules including monitoring systems, laser systems and multi-metal unit. Aconity3D printers can print with the following materials: magnesium, copper, aluminium, titanium, stainless steel, nickel-based alloys and cobalt chrome. Two types of print methods are used: Direct Metal Laser Melting and Laser Powder Bed Fusion.
- "Aconity3D to Set Up North American Base of Operations for 3D Printing at UTEP". https://3dprint.com/221668/utep-aconity3d-agreement/.
- "Fraunhofer ILT ontwikkelt magnesium 3D printen". https://3dprintmagazine.eu/fraunhofer-ilt-ontwikkelt-magnesium-3d-printen/.
- "Imprimantes 3D métal: tour d’horizon des fabricants mondiaux". https://www.3dnatives.com/imprimante-3d-metal-30012018/.
- "Multi Material Metal 3D Printer". https://www.3dprintingprogress.com/articles/20132/multi-material-metal-3d-printer.
- "FT 1000: the fourth annual list of Europe’s fastest-growing companies". https://www.ft.com/content/691390ca-53d9-11ea-90ad-25e377c0ee1f.