|Industry||Dental Equipment Manufacturing|
|Founder||Louis E. Brooks|
|Headquarters||Melville, New York|
Number of employees
|235 as of September 2018|
Air Techniques, Inc. is a manufacturer of dental equipment, including air compressors, vacuums, intraoral cameras, caries detection aids, digital imaging systems, x-ray units, and film processors. All products are manufactured and shipped from the company's 200,000-square-foot (19,000 m2) facility in Melville, New York.
- 1962 - Founders  were Louis E. Brooks, Jack Alpert, and George Kauer, with the goal of developing equipment to improve the practice of dentistry.
- 1979 - Manufacturing facility and executive offices are established in Hicksville, New York.
- 1990 - Western facility was opened.
- 2006 - Company headquarters relocated to new 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2). Facility in Melville, NY.
- 2007 - Air Techniques supports the Susan B. Komen foundation in their efforts to promote breast cancer awareness. All major trade show compressor & vacuum units are painted pink, with a portion of sales donated to the cause.
- 2009 - Spectra caries detection aid received FDA clearance and is introduced to dental market.
- 2010 – Several international specific products are launched: ScanX Duo, AirStar 22INT, VacStar 40INT and Astra Intraoral Camera.
- 2011 – Air Techniques launched new company website.
- 2013- Air Techniques launches its merchandise line called Monarch. It comprises Surfaces, Instruments, and Equipment Cleaners, along with Skin & Hands (hand lotion and hand sanitizer).
- 2014- Air Techniques launches ProVecta S-Pan Panoramic X-ray).
- 2015- Air Techniques launches AirStar NEO Air Compressors with NEO Pulse Software, VacStar NEO Wet Vacuum Systems, ProVecta HD X-ray, and ProVecta S-Pan Cephalometric X-ray).
- 2016- Air Techniques launches CamX Elara Intraoral Camera, CamX Spectra Caries Detection Aid, CamX Triton HD, and AirStar 100 Air Compressor).
- 2017- Air Techniques launches Monarch Vinyl Upholstery Cleaner, ScanX Intraoral View, and Mojave LT3).
- 2018- Air Techniques launches ScanX Swift View, and CamX Triton HD with Proxi Head).
|AirStar||Dental Air Compressors|
|AirStar NEO||Dental Air Compressors|
|AT2000 XR||Automatic Film Processor|
|CamX Elara||Intraoral Camera|
|CamX Spectra||Caries Detection Aid|
|CamX Triton HD||Interchangeable Camera System (Caries, Proxi, HD Intraoral Imaging)|
|Mojave||Dry Vacuum Systems|
|Mojave LT||Dry Vacuum Systems|
|Peri-Pro||Automatic Film Processor|
|ProVecta HD||Intraoral X-ray|
|ProVecta S-Pan Panoramic||2D Panoramic X-ray System|
|ProVecta S-Pan Cephalometric||2D Panoramic and Cephalometric X-ray System|
|ScanX Classic||Digital Radiography System|
|ScanX Duo||Digital Radiography System|
|ScanX Intraoral||Digital Radiography System|
|ScanX Intraoral View||Digital Radiography System|
|ScanX Swift||Digital Radiography System|
|ScanX Swift View||Digital Radiography System|
|VacStar||Wet Vacuum Systems|
|VacStar NEO||Wet Vacuum Systems|
- "Air Techniques Expands," Dr. Lorne Lavine, The Digital Dentist, July 2006, ""
- "Healthcare Equipment and Supplies, Air Techniques, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. July 2011. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4303628.
- "Spectra Caries Detection Aid". The Dental Advisor. November 2010. http://www.dentaladvisor.com/clinical-evaluations/evaluations/spectra-caries-detection-aid.shtml.
- Mallia, Joseph (January 2011). "Dental supplier upgrades website". Newsday. http://www.newsday.com/business/inside-long-island-business-1.811933/dental-supplier-upgrades-website-1.2623374.