Company:Cboe Global Markets
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Security & commodity exchanges|
|Revenue||US$2,496.1 million (2019)|
|US$374.9 million (2019)|
|Total assets||US$5,113 million (2019)|
|Total equity||US$3,355 million (2019)|
Number of employees
|823 (2019) |
Founded in 1973 by the Chicago Board of Trade and member owned for several decades, on March 11, 2010 the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) filed paperwork to launch an initial public offering and began trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange on June 15, 2010.
In September 2011, CBOE Stock Exchange (CBSX) entered into an agreement to acquire the National Stock Exchange. The acquisition was completed on December 30, 2011 with both exchanges to operate under separate names. The National Stock Exchange continued to be based in Jersey City. The National Stock Exchange ceased trading operations on May 30, 2014. The closure brought the number of active stock exchanges in the United States to 11, as the CBOE Stock Exchange had closed the month prior. Wrote Bloomberg, that left "just one public exchange, Chicago Stock Exchange Inc., that isn't owned by Bats, Nasdaq OMX Group Inc., or IntercontinentalExchange Group Inc."
On June 2, 2015 CBOE announced its acquisition of the LiveVol platform, a market data services provider.
On January 25, 2016 CBOE announced it had purchased a majority stake in Vest Financial, an investment adviser specializing in "options-centric products".
Cboe Global Markets owns and operates four options exchanges: Cboe Options Exchange, Cboe C2 Options Exchange, Cboe BZX Options Exchange, and Cboe EDGX Options Exchange; seven equities exchanges: Cboe BZX Exchange, Cboe BYX Exchange, Cboe EDGX Exchange, Cboe EDGA Exchange, Cboe BXE Exchange, Cboe CXE Exchange, and Cboe DXE Exchange; one futures exchange: Cboe Futures Exchange; and one foreign exchange marketplace: Cboe FX.
- "CBOE files paperwork for IPO". Chicago Breaking Business. http://www.chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2010/03/cboe-to-take-first-step-toward-ipo.html.
- Oneal, Michael (June 15, 2010). "CBOE garners $339 million in IPO". Chicago Tribune. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-06-15/business/ct-biz-0616-cboe-ipo-20100615_1_cboe-chairman-william-brodsky-fear-index-cme-group. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "CBOE Stock Exchange Completes Acquisition of National Stock Exchange". ir.cboe.com (Press release). 9 January 2012. Archived from the original on 9 May 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Mamudi, Sam (2014-05-02). "National Stock Exchange Files With SEC to Halt Operations". Bloomberg.com (Bloomberg News). https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-02/national-stock-exchange-files-with-sec-to-halt-operations.html. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Chicago Board Options Exchange - The World's Largest Options Exchange". ir.cboe.com (Press release). June 2, 2015. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Chicago Board Options Exchange - The World's Largest Options Exchange". ir.cboe.com (Press release). January 25, 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "CBOE Will Acquire BATS Global Markets for $3.2 Billion". fortune.com. 26 September 2016. http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/cboe-acquires-bats/. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "CBOE Holdings Becomes Cboe Global Markets, Unveils New Corporate Identity" (PDF). ir.cboe.com (Press release). October 17, 2017. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- Official website
- Business data for Cboe Global Markets:
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Cboe Global Markets. Read more