Vancouver , British Columbia, Canada
|Owner||Clinical Media Ltd.|
Clinicbook is an online healthcare directory and medical appointment booking service. Users can search and review doctors, dentists, massage therapists, and other healthcare providers. Healthcare clinics can create and edit their own pages on Clinicbook.ca and post information such as operating hours, practitioners' pictures and service areas for patients.
Clinicbook was founded in 2009 by the University of British Columbia alumni Robin McFee, Winnie Lai and Joel Matsumoto. The company is based in Vancouver and provides clinic information across Canada. As of December 23, 2010, there are 60,000 medical clinics listed on Clinicbook.com.
Clinicbook aims to help connect patients looking for healthcare practitioners with practitioners looking for new patients. The service is free for patients while clinics pay a monthly service fee for the booking functionality.
Clinical Media Ltd., producer of Clinicbook was among the winners of Generator Challenge in Vancouver, a competition presented by the City of Vancouver and Discovery Parks with the goal of supporting some of the city's most promising early-stage tech companies.
- Britten, Liam (13 October 2010). "Skip the waiting room with Clinicbook". Techvibes. http://www.techvibes.com/blog/skip-the-waiting-room-with-clinicbook. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Shaw, Gillian (9 October 2010). "Local startup Clinicbook takes medical bookings online". The Vancouver Sun. https://vancouversun.com/technology/internet/Local+startup+Clinicbook+takes+medical+bookings+online/3647184/story.html. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Lam, Alice (12 January 2011). "Wait times no more thanks to Clinicbook.ca". BCIC. http://www.bcic.ca/blog/191-general/1408-wait-times-no-more-thanks-to-clinicbookca. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Belluz, Julia (16 September 2010). "From building bridges to running Bay Street". Maclean's. http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/09/16/from-building-bridges-to-running-bay-street/. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Lombardi, Rosie (23 December 2010). "New website tracks wait times at medical clinics across Canada". Technology for Doctors. http://www.canhealth.com/tfdnews0191.html. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Hui, Stephen (20 December 2010). "Geek Speak: Winnie Lai, cofounder of Clinicbook". Georgia Straight. https://www.straight.com/node/362884. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Hui, Stephen (17 December 2010). "Clinical Media, Secodix among winners of Generator Challenge in Vancouver". The Vancouver Sun. https://www.straight.com/article-364951/vancouver/clinical-media-secodix-among-winners-generator-challenge-vancouver. Retrieved 18 March 2012.