Company:Orange and Bronze Software Labs
|Industry||Computer hardware, Computer software, IT services, IT consulting, with a focus on Java development|
|Founded||Makati City, Philippines|
|Founder||Calen Martin Legaspi|
Renato "Butch" Landingin
Number of employees
Orange and Bronze Software Labs (O&B) is a privately owned computer software development company based in the Philippines. The company delivers software consulting, product engineering, and IT training services with a focus on Java software development. O&B specializes in developing and deploying web applications using Java-based frameworks and technologies such as Spring (framework), Grails (framework), Hibernate (Java), Google Maps API, Google App Engine, and Android.
O&B develops software using the Agile software development methods. The company is the first Philippine-based SpringSource partner (now VMware vFabric)  and listed as a Grails framework development company.
O&B is a Google Enterprise Partner and an authorized Google Apps Reseller in the Philippines, offering solutions for Google productivity solutions, including Google Apps for Business and Government, Google Earth, Google Maps, and Postini.
Orange and Bronze was founded in July 2005 by Calen Martin Legaspi and Renato "Butch" Landingin. Calen Legaspi says that they “wanted to establish a technology-oriented company that Filipinos can be proud of...we would also want to contribute to global programming standards, create new technologies and be with the same level together with globally respected companies like Google, Microsoft and BoostPro.”
The company started as a two-man consulting firm doing software training for local software companies. Their clients eventually hired them as software consultants, before the company ventured into offshore software development projects. This led to partnerships with Google, SpringSource and Pentaho.
As of March 2011, Orange and Bronze's headcount is at 90 employees.
Calen Martin Legaspi is the co-founder and CEO of Orange and Bronze Software Labs. He co-founded PinoyJUG, or the Association of Philippine Java Developers. He is currently part of the Technology Council for the Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA) as Director for Technology. He is also the official representative to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Technical Committee on Computer Science.
Renato "Butch" Landingin is Calen Legaspi's co-founder. He serves as the company's Chief Technology Officer. Butch Landingin has over 20 years of experience in the software industry and spent almost a decade working at Silicon Valley. He has been using Java and Linux even before their respective 1.0 releases. He attended the very first JavaOne conference at San Francisco in 1996. Butch Landingin is the author of Squishdot, which is described as "a web based news publishing and discussion product that allows you to handle threaded discussions with a minimum of configuration and day-to-day management by building a web-based news site." 
O&B offers software consulting and offshore product development services with a focus on Enterprise Java and Agile software development. This focus is due to co-founder Calen Legaspi’s belief that “other competing technologies have not yet been able to reach the maturity or industry acceptance of Java. This is why companies with huge scalability and security requirements like Google, Twitter, eBay and LinkedIn use Java for much of their core systems”.
O&B is also listed as a Google Enterprise Partner in the Philippines. The company's Google Apps implementations include nationwide change management training and deployment of 600,000 licenses for a government institution, and migration from a legacy system for the Department of Finance and for the largest Filipino software firm - Pointwest Technologies.
The company also offers software training classes in the Philippines, with courses that include Java Bootcamp, Spring and Hibernate Framework training, Groovy and Grails training, Apache Struts training, JavaServer Faces training, Enterprise Architecture, Agile with Scrum (development) and XP training, and Android training through its O&B University program.
O&B also incubated Kandroid, an Android application developed by MilObjects Software, that is "a simple application used to visualize and control personal tasks." This application can be downloaded from Google Play.
In 2012, it incubated Open for Business Online (O4BO), a subscription service that follows the SaaS delivery model, that offers the Liferay, an open source enterprise portal; Openbravo, a web-based ERP; Pentaho, a business intelligence solution; Apache Jackrabbit, a content repository; and SugarCRM, a CRM system. O4BO was conceptualized by Michael Oliver.
Renato “Butch” Landingin, co-founder and chief technology officer, is the author of an open source application called Squishdot, written in Python and Zope. Squishdot is a news and publishing content management system used by KDE Dot News. He also authored the Batch Jobs Management Console (Batman-Con), a web-based application written in Grails (framework) to monitor batch runs of Spring Batch-based batch jobs.
Michael Mallete, the vice president for consulting services, developed open source applications S2PFace, Grails SoundManager Plugin and Robot Framework Maven Plugin.
- "Java Outsourcing Booming, Says Orange & Bronze". Computerworld Philippines. http://computerworld.com.ph/java-outsourcing-booming-says-orange-bronze/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Consulting Services". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/consulting-services. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Bartolome, Millicent (1 April 2011). "Calen Legaspi of Orange & Bronze Software Labs: "Show your passion for your profession, beyond what’s required at school."". EdgeWise.PH. Bronze Age Media, Inc.. http://www.edgewise.ph/2011/04/01/002-pro-files/calen-legaspi-of-orange-and-bronze-software-labs-show-your-passion-for-your-profession-beyond-whats-required-at-school/.
- "Grails Development Firms". Customer-edited web page. SpringSource. http://grails.org/Grails+Development+Firms. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "Orange and Bronze". Google Apps Marketplace. Google. https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productListingId=7550+14566299375431218371. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "Google Maps seen to enhance online visibility of Filipino businesses". Summit Media. http://www.techie.com.ph/press-releases/google-maps-seen-to-enhance-online-visibility-of-filipino-businesses. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Gray Matter partners with Orange & Bronze Software Labs to provide Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence solutions in PH". Media G8way Corp.. http://www.enterprise.ph/?_s=8&_ss=P&P=3&PN=11315&L=S&II=482&ID=S,482,B3,1-16. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Orange & Bronze CEO gets elected anew at PSIA, renews commitment". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/orange-bronze-ceo-gets-elected-anew-at-psia-renews-commitment. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Gagelonia, Dante (June 2011). "On The Cutting Edge". Entrepreneur Philippines Magazine. https://www.flickr.com/photos/54001012@N03/5810510248/sizes/o/in/photostream/.
- Estopace, Eden. "Software firm targets global market". The Philippine Star. http://www.philstar.com/networks/661130/software-firm-targets-global-market.
- "About us". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/about-us-2. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Technology Council". Philippine Software Industry Association. http://psia.org.ph/TechnologyCouncil.aspx. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "SquishDot 0.7.2". VLC Components. https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/zope/squishdot_org/Documentation. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Java outsourcing booming, says Orange & Bronze". PinoyTech Blog. http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archives/java-outsourcing-booming-says-orange-bronze. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Google Enterprise Partner Search". Google.com. https://www.google.com/a/partnersearch/#partner?partner_id=-1938157541_a0n60000000sgYFAAY. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "O&B University Course Offerings". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/course-offerings-10. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Pinoy software firm incubates real estate search site". Newsbytes Philippines. 28 February 2011. http://newsbytes.ph/2011/02/28/pinoy-software-firm-incubates-real-estate-search-site/.
- Valmero, Anna (3 June 2011). "Filipino software developers create online map service for real estate companies". Loqal.ph. http://loqal.ph/business-and-finance/2011/06/03/filipino-software-developers-create-online-map-service-for-real-estate-companies/.
- "Kandroid App". Orange and Bronze Software Labs. http://www.orangeandbronze.com/company-information/kandroid. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "O&B Launches Open 4 Business Online, Low-Cost Business Applications on the Cloud". Manila Bulletin. http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/357691/ob-launches-open-4-business-online-lowcost-business-applications-cloud. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Tuazon, John Mark. "Indian and Filipino software firm partnership brings open source BI to PH". ComputerWorld Philippines. http://computerworld.com.ph/indian-and-filipino-software-firm-partnership-brings-open-source-bi-to-ph/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Open Source Projects". Orange and Bronze Software Labs. http://www.orangeandbronze.com/open-source-projects. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange and Bronze Software Labs was the original source. Read more.