|Traded as||NYSE: ROP|
S&P 500 Component
|Headquarters||Sarasota, Florida, United States|
|Neil Hunn, president and CEO|
|Products||Industrial Technology, Radio Frequency (RF) Technology, Scientific and Industrial Imaging, Energy Systems and Controls, and Instrumentation|
Number of employees
Roper Technologies, Inc. (formerly Roper Industries, Inc.) is an American diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for global niche markets. The company is headquartered in Sarasota, Florida.
- 1 History
- 2 Subsidiaries
- 3 References
- 4 Bibliography
- 5 External links
In 2001, Brian Jellison, a former executive of General Electric and Ingersoll-Rand, joined Roper as Chief Executive Officer. The previous holding company business strategy has been replaced with an operating company model. Since 2001 Roper has completed acquisitions accounting for over half its revenues, establishing the company in global growth markets, such as radio frequency identification(RFID) and water. . Jellison died on November 2, 2018 after a brief illness.
- Imaging Group provides cameras for applications that include Astronomy, BEC, Combustion, PIV, Single Molecule, Surface and Material Analysis, PSP, and Nanotechnology.
- Spectroscopy Group provides spectrometers, cameras and systems for Raman, LIBS, NIR, Absorption, Fluorescence, and Luminescence.
- X-Ray Group manufactures cameras for EUV, Lithography, XRS, Plasma, Diffraction, Microscopy, and Tomography applications.
- Industrial Group provides MEGAPLUS cameras for Semiconductor, Web Inspection, Document and Film Capture, Digital Radiography, and Ophthalmology.
- Acton Optics & Coatings provides optical components for Medical, Semiconductor, Material Processing, Analytical Instrumentation, Aerospace, and Defense applications.
The company has based in Trenton, New Jersey and Acton, Massachusetts.
Roper Pump Co.
TransCore and DAT Solutions
TransCore is a subsidiary of Roper Industries, based in Nashville, Tennessee, that specializes in Intelligent Transportation Systems. TransCore was acquired by Roper Industries in 2004. 
DAT Solutions offers freight load boards products for owner-operators, carriers, brokers, shippers, and 3PLs. The underlying framework is the DAT Network, the first electronic freight posting service, acquired in 2001 from the Jubitz Corporation. DAT Solutions began as Dial-A-Truck, a load board operated at the Jubitz Truck Stop in Portland, Oregon. It evolved to become the original and largest internet load board, a matchmaking service for 100 million freight loads and trucks per year. DAT Solutions offers several load board products including: DAT Power, DAT Express and TruckersEdge.
The CBORD Group, Inc.
Roper acquired The CBORD Group, Inc. on February 21, 2008, followed later in the year by acquisition of its K-12 sister company Horizon Software International, LLC. CBORD was founded in Ithaca, NY in 1975. CBORD products are used for food services, campus ID privilege control, security, residential life, and on/off-campus commerce for K-12 and higher education, acute and long-term healthcare, corporate facilities, and other campus-based institutions. The products include CS Gold, CS Access, Odyssey, Foodservice Suite, Webfood, Nutrition Service Suite, Room Service Choice, NetMenu, NetNutrition, C-Store, EventMaster, GET, UGryd, CBORD Patient, OneSource, Horizon School Technology, MyPaymentsPlus, MilleniumPlus, and GeriMenu.
CBORD has offices in: Ithaca, NY; Duluth, GA; Canton, OH; Waco, TX; and Sydney, Australia.
CBORD made headlines in 2019 with its campus card integration in Apple wallet  and its partnership with nonprofit Swipe Out Hunger, to enable college students to donate meals to other students in need via technology .
Compressor Controls Corporation (CCC)
A provider of supply chain management and intelligence solutions to the food industry with offices both in the USA and UK.
Neptune Technology Group, Inc
Headquartered in South Burlington, Vermont, DI is a global healthcare company, software skilled in clinical tests and blood laboratories, provides a modular middleware solution Instrument Manager™ and the scientific system EP Evaluator™.
- "ROPER INDUSTRIES INC 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 21, 2014. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/882835/000088283514000011/0000882835-14-000011-index.htm.
- "ROPER INDUSTRIES INC 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 2, 2014. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/882835/000088283514000020/0000882835-14-000020-index.htm.
- "Roper Technologies". http://fortune.com/fortune500/roper-technologies/.
- "Roper Industries Announces Name Change to Roper Technologies". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/roper-industries-announces-name-change-to-roper-technologies-300071965.html. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- Brian Jellison 1945-2018 Obituary|Retrieved 2019-06-05
- Roper Industries to Buy Sunquest Information Systems for $1.4 Billion
- "Roper agrees to acquire TransCore". Bulk Transporter. 1 November 2004. http://bulktransporter.com/archive/roper-agrees-acquire-transcore. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- The CBORD Group Contact Page
- Apple Brings Contactless Student IDs on iPhone and Apple Watch to More Universities
- CBORD Partners with Swipe Out Hunger to Support Meal Donations
- Roper Technologies corporate web site
- Business data for Roper Technologies:
- Neptune Technology Group corporate web site
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roper Technologies was the original source. Read more.