|Industry||Online trading and investment|
|Parent||TF Global Markets (Aust) Pty Ltd|
Thinkmarkets was founded in 2010 in Auckland, New Zealand with its former name as ThinkForex. In 2012, the company relocated its headquarters to Melbourne, Australia having secured ASIC approval.
In 2015, Thinkmarkets opened an office in London, UK, and received regulatory approval from the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). In July 2016, the company changed its name from "ThinkForex" to Thinkmarkets.
In 2019, Thinkmarkets secured a total of AU $15 million in a pre IPO funding round from investors including Rich Lister Josh Liberman and Chris Judd. In same year, the company established partnership with Amir Khan, a British professional boxer, and Glenn McGrath, an Australian cricketer for its Think 2020 program.
Thinkmarkets was awarded a license by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) in 2019. In 2020, the company received the Best Value Broker - Asia award at the 2020 Global Forex Awards.
- "ThinkMarkets UK revenue and activity flat in 2017". LeapRate. 21 September 2018. https://www.leaprate.com/forex/brokers/thinkmarkets-uk-revenue-activity-flat-2017/.
- Baxter, Brian (30 July 2020). "Robinhood Recruits Second WilmerHale Partner in Two Months" (in en). Bloomberg Law. https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business-and-practice/robinhood-recruits-second-wilmerhale-partner-in-two-months?context=search&index=0.
- Redrup, Yolanda (2018-07-02). "Online trading broker ThinkMarkets targets $100 million listing" (in en). https://www.afr.com/technology/online-trading-broker-thinkmarkets-targets-100-million-listing-20180626-h11wcj.
- Segal, Gerald (2020-07-28). "ThinkMarkets preparing for $300 million IPO" (in en-US). https://fxnewsgroup.com/forex-news/retail-forex/exclusive-thinkmarkets-preparing-for-300-million-ipo/.
- Saks, Andrew (2016-07-08). "One to one with ThinkForex CEO Nauman Anees on rebrand and development of proprietary platform" (in en-US). https://financefeeds.com/one-one-thinkforex-ceo-nauman-anees-rebrand-development-proprietary-platform/.
- Thompson, Sarah (2019-04-07). "Regal to cornerstone ThinkMarkets raising; Citi to launch deal" (in en). https://www.afr.com/street-talk/regal-to-cornerstone-thinkmarkets-raising-citi-to-launch-deal-20190407-p51bn5.
- Golovtchenko, Victor (2016-07-07). "ThinkForex Rebrands to ThinkMarkets, Adds Proprietary Trading Platform" (in en). https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/thinkforex-rebrands-thinkmarkets-adds-proprietary-trading-platform/.
- "Judd, Liberman support ThinkMarkets pre-IPO raising" (in en). 2019-04-17. https://www.afr.com/street-talk/judd-liberman-support-thinkmarkets-pre-ipo-raising-20190417-p51f34.
- Thompson, Sarah; Macdonald, Anthony; Boyd, Tim (28 July 2020). "ThinkMarkets in non-deal roadshow before $300m listing". The Australian Financial Review. https://www.afr.com/street-talk/thinkmarkets-in-non-deal-roadshow-before-300m-listing-20200721-p55dy4.
- "Fundies ponder new online broker float" (in en). 2018-04-05. https://www.afr.com/street-talk/fundies-ponder-new-online-broker-float-20180405-h0yct8.
- Kimberley, David (2018-09-04). "Amir Khan and ThinkMarkets Partner to Support Disadvantaged Kids" (in en). https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/amir-khan-and-thinkmarkets-partner-to-support-disadvantaged-kids/.
- Kirilova, Valentina (4 September 2018). "ThinkMarkets teams up with Amir Khan to offer financial and boxing education". LeapRate. https://www.leaprate.com/forex/advertising/thinkmarkets-and-amir-khan-to-offer-financial-and-boxing-education/.
- "Glenn Mcgrath partners with Thinkmarkets to promote cricket and female empowerment" (in en-GB). 2019-03-14. https://www.financedigest.com/glenn-mcgrath-partners-with-thinkmarkets-to-promote-cricket-and-female-empowerment.html.
- Skinner, Celeste (2019-03-13). "ThinkMarkets Partners with Australian Cricket Star Glenn McGrath" (in en). https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/thinkmarkets-partners-with-australian-cricket-star-glenn-mcgrath/.
- "Cricket legend Glenn McGrath partners with FinTech giant ThinkMarkets". Moneycontrol.com. 15 March 2019. https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/cricket-legend-glenn-mcgrath-partners-with-fintech-giant-thinkmarkets-3652281.html.
- "ThinkMarkets, an international online trader is awarded a SA licence" (in en). 5 March 2019. https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/companies/thinkmarkets-an-international-online-trader-is-awarded-a-sa-licence-19640939.
- Ayemoba, Andrea (28 May 2019). "ThinkMarkets fintech enters South Africa, offers $1m capital protection for clients" (in en). https://africabusinesscommunities.com/tech/tech-news/thinkmarkets-fintech-enters-south-africa-offers-$1m-capital-protection-for-clients/.
- Morton, Michael (2019-10-04). "Global Forex Awards 2019 winners announced" (in en-GB). https://www.thearmchairtrader.com/global-forex-awards-2019-winners-announced/.