|Predecessor||Black Dog LTD|
|Founded||Auckland, New Zealand 2009|
|Founder||Greg Murphy  Terry Patmore|
|Lisa Miles-Heal, Gareth Berry |
|Products||Cloud Inventory Management|
|Services||Online Inventory Management|
Unleashed Software is a New Zealand-based software-as-a-service company that provides cloud based inventory management. They were named as a SaaS company to watch in 2013 and also awarded the Xero add-on partner of the year in 2012.
Unleashed Software was founded in 2009 by Greg Murphy and Terry Patmore. The company originally began in Auckland, New Zealand inside of Massey University. Since then, they have expanded globally with a presence in Australia, the UK, and the USA.
In 2012, the company updated their platform with a drag and drop feature to allow users to customise and sort reports. The upgrade was said to make the software easier to navigate and more pleasant to look at. The same year the company entered into an exclusive deal with NZPM Group, New Zealand's second largest plumbing supplier, to provide live pricing of approximately 40,000 items to users of their production systems tools.
Unleashed Software moved their offices to Takapuna, Auckland in 2013. The move was to bring their offices closer to their employees, 80% of whom were reported to live on the North Shore of New Zealand.
Unleashed Software raised $2 million in venture capital in September 2012, and a further $4 million in October 2013 to expand its sales staff and developers. In 2013 it was also reported that Unleashed paid its workers approximately 20% higher than the local market average. In June 2015, they secured $4.5 million to support trans-Tasman growth, international expansion, and product development.
In October 2017, Unleashed Software secured a Series C investment of NZ$7.0 million from Movac, one of New Zealand's most experienced technology investment company. The investment funds will go towards fuelling the development of the next generation inventory management software and support the global growth of the company.
Products and service
Unleashed Software provides inventory management tools that are primarily used for business-to-business traders. The tools integrate with other online business software programs such as Xero's accounting system and Magento eCommerce.
Inventory management is the main tool of Unleashed Software. It allows import and export of inventory through CSV files. Once inventory is entered or uploaded into the software, customers can create reports, graphs, and track inventory, including from multiple warehouse locations. It also has an ecommerce feature that allows an online store, offline sales, and accounting data. Inventory is updated automatically based on sales. There is also a customer relationship management feature to track clients by contact details and recent activity.
Unleashed has a partner program where they assist companies in gaining knowledge about stock control and the use of Unleashed Software. The program includes training from experts, providing business with the support they need to manage their inventory. They also have an API for developers which allows them to integrate Unleashed Software with other systems. This allows companies to maintain their current software systems but integrate Unleashed as their inventory management tool.
Awards and recognition
In 2013 they were honored by Deloitte by being placed on both the Deloitte Fast 50 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500. They have since gone on to place in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for 6 years in a row.
In October 2017, Unleashed Software was awarded Xero's Industry App of the Year at Xerocon London. In the same week, Unleashed Software was also awarded Westpac's Excellence in International Trade award.
In 2019, their customer engagement team was awarded with Westpac's Excellence in Customer Service Delivery award.
- "Unleashed Software Extends Salesforce.com with Powerful Inventory Management". 27 July 2016. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160727005072/en/Unleashed-Software-Extends-Salesforce.com-Powerful-Inventory-Management. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Macpherson, Sholto (August 2015). "Meet Unleashed Software, a cloud ERP with local clout". https://www.crn.com.au/feature/meet-unleashed-software-a-cloud-erp-with-local-clout-407622. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Unleashed Helps Food Manufacturing Start-Ups Accelerate Production". Business Wire. 29 August 2016. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160829006078/en/Unleashed-Helps-Food-Manufacturing-Start-Ups-Accelerate-Production. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Sollis, Greg (13 February 2013). "3 Software As A Service (SaaS) Providers To Watch In 2013". http://www.cbrdigital.com/2013/02/13/3-software-as-a-service-saas-providers-to-watch-in-2013.html. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "About Unleashed Software". http://www.workhere.co.nz/company/unleashed-software/about-us. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Nachum, Michele (15 May 2012). "Unleashed Inventory Management Software Organizes Your Inventory and Keeps Track of Stock, Billing, and More". Get App. http://www.getapp.com/blog/unleashed-software-organizes-inventory-tracks-stock-billing/. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Unleashed Disrupts Logistics With Price Feeds From Plumbing Merchants". 24 October 2012. https://www.unleashedsoftware.com/blog/unleashed-disrupts-logistics-with-price-feeds-from-plumbing-merchants. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Fletcher, Hamish (8 July 2013). "Company Moves With Staff In Mind". The New Zealand Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10895344. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Unleashed Software Crunchbase Profile". Crunchbase. http://www.crunchbase.com/company/unleashed-software. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Chapman-Smith, Ben (31 October 2013). "NZ cloud firm gets $4m funding boost". The New Zealand Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/ben-chapman-smith/news/article.cfm?a_id=789&objectid=11149021. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Henderson, James (8 June 2013). "Kiwi Tech Firm Unleashing The Beast". TechDay. http://techday.com/the-channel/news/kiwi-tech-firm-unleashing-the-beast/165567/. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Unleashed Software Secures 4.5 million". 17 June 2015. http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1506/S00621/unleashed-software-secures-45-million.htm. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Unleashed Software Secures $7.0 Million Investment Funding to Accelerate Growth" (in en). 2017-10-04. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171004006472/en/Unleashed-Software-Secures-7.0-Million-Investment-Funding.
- "Unleashed Features Release Timeline". https://www.unleashedsoftware.com/product/timeline. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Carter, Eric. "Unleashed Software Offers API Access to Inventory Management Software". https://www.programmableweb.com/news/unleashed-software-offers-api-access-to-inventory-management-software/2013/06/13. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Technology Fast500 Asia Pacific 2013 WInners Report and Ranking". Deloitte. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/technology-fast-500-apac.html. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Unleashed Software awarded Xerocon Industry Specific App of the Year - Unleashed Software" (in en-GB). Unleashed Software. 2017-10-05. https://www.unleashedsoftware.com/blog/unleashed-software-awarded-xerocon-industry-specific-app-year.
- "Unleashed Software wins Westpac Auckland Business Award - Unleashed Software" (in en-GB). Unleashed Software. 2017-10-06. https://www.unleashedsoftware.com/blog/unleashed-software-wins-westpac-auckland-business-award.
- "Kiwi firm bags big business award" (in en-NZ). ISSN 1170-0777. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/westpac-auckland-business-awards/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503909&objectid=12216081.
- "Xero Australia Awards – back and bigger than ever!" (in en-US). 2019-12-10. https://www.xero.com/blog/2019/12/xero-australia-awards-back-and-bigger-than-ever/.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Unleashed Software. Read more