This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating area||United States|
|ATMs||61,000 (February 2020)|
MoneyPass is an interbank network owned by Brookfield, Wisconsin-based Fiserv, the third largest North American financial services company by revenue.
Previously, MoneyPass had been owned by Elan Financial Services, a business unit of U.S. Bank. MoneyPass provides surcharge-free ATM services to North American MoneyPass consumer/cardholders whose transactions utilize a MoneyPass supported ATM and has become the second largest surcharge free ATM network in the United States.
There are 61,000 surcharge-free MoneyPass ATMs in the United States, located at financial institutions and retail locations.
More than 95 million consumers have access to MoneyPass ATMs.  
Genpass, Inc., formed the MoneyPass ATM network in October 2003 by merging two existing regional ATM networks that it had already owned, MoneyMaker in Texas and MoneyBelt in Tennessee. Union Planters, with nearly 900 ATMs located in 12 states, was a charter member. In December 2003, the regional supermarket chain Minyard Food Stores installed MoneyPass ATMs at its 72 stores. By June 2004, MoneyPass had 200 participants and 8,000 ATMs. Zions Bank joined in September 2004, adding 200 ATMs in Utah and Idaho. Credit Union 24, which represents 410 credit unions with a total of 2,800 ATMs in 23 states, made a reciprocal agreement in November 2004 which would allow members of each networks to access ATMs on the other network surcharge free.
MoneyPass had 8,000 ATMs in all 50 states by the time Citibank joined its network in October 2004 which added 2,600 Citibank ATMs to the network.
U.S. Bancorp acquired Genpass along with MoneyPass for an undisclosed amount in May 2005 and added its ATMs to the network to form a 12,000 ATM network in June 2006.
In June 2005, KeyCorp signed an agreement with MoneyPass to allow Credit Unions and its other financial institutional clients that it services the option to connect to the MoneyPass network. This agreement only affected financial institutional clients and not KeyBank customers. As a part of the agreement, KeyBank customers were not given access to MoneyPass and MoneyPass customers were not allowed free access to KeyBank's large ATM network. In July 2012, Kroger signed an agreement with U.S. Bancorp to have its Kroger Prepaid Debit Card customers be allowed surcharge free access at all MoneyPass ATMs.
In August 2017, 7-Eleven signed an agreement with MoneyPass to have its ATMs at 8,000 of its 10,900 its American stores be a part of the surcharge free network.
In September 2018, Fiserv announced that it would acquire MoneyPass from US Bancorp for $690 million. The deal was finalized in March 2019. At the time of the sale, MoneyPass had 33,000 ATMs.
- ATM usage fees
- Debit Card
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934". Archives. Securities and Exchange Commission. 2020-02-27. https://annualreport.stocklight.com/NASDAQ/FISV/20663633.pdf. Retrieved 2020-10-17. "In 2018, we acquired the debit card processing, ATM Managed Services, and MoneyPass® surcharge-free network of Elan Financial Services, a unit of U.S. Bancorp, enabling access to over 61,000 surcharge-free ATMs"
- ↑ Kilgore, Tomi (2018-09-25). "Fiserv to buy U.S. Bancorp unit's debt-card processing, ATM services and MoneyPass for $690 million". Market Watch (New York: Dow Jones & Co.). https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fiserv-to-buy-us-bancorp-units-debt-card-processing-atm-services-and-moneypass-for-690-million-2018-09-25. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
- ↑ "Fiserv to acquire ATM-related units of Elan Financial Services". ATM Marketplace (Louisville, KY: networldmediagroup.com). 2018-09-27. https://www.atmmarketplace.com/news/fiserv-to-acquire-atm-related-units-of-elan-financial-services/. "MoneyPass, the second largest surcharge-free network in the U.S. with access to more than 33,000 ATMs"
- ↑ "ATM Network MoneyPass Quietly Books a Slew of New Members" (Press release). digitaltransactions. 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- ↑ "7-Eleven Joins MoneyPass Surcharge-Free Network" (Press release). ATMmarketplace. 2017-08-03. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- ↑ "Review 2003: When Bigger Banks Warmed to No-Fee ATM Networks". American Banker. December 30, 2003. https://www.americanbanker.com/news/i-review-2003-i-when-bigger-banks-warmed-to-no-fee-atm-networks.
- ↑ "Genpass creates new surcharge-free network". November 20, 2003. https://www.atmmarketplace.com/news/genpass-creates-new-surcharge-free-network/.
- ↑ "Minyard Food Stores Inc. Joins Moneypass Surcharge-Free ATM Network". December 9, 2003. https://progressivegrocer.com/minyard-food-stores-inc-joins-moneypass-surcharge-free-atm-network.
- ↑ "Anderson Named President of MoneyPass ATM Network". Dallas Business Journal. June 23, 2004. https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2004/06/21/daily17.html.
- ↑ "Zions Bank Joins MoneyPass Surcharge-Free Network". Business Wire (Press release). September 23, 2004. External link in
- ↑ "Credit Union 24, MoneyPass Announce Reciprocal Alliance". Business Wire (Press release). November 18, 2004. External link in
- ↑ "Citi Joins MoneyPass to Grow ATM Presence". American Banker. October 12, 2004. https://www.americanbanker.com/news/citi-joins-moneypass-to-grow-atm-presence.
- ↑ "U.S. Bank Acquires Genpass, Inc., Expands Payment Processing and ATM Services to Clients". Business Wire (Press release). May 10, 2005. External link in
- ↑ "U.S. Bank Joins MoneyPass ATM Network, Gives Customers Surcharge-Free Access to 12,000 MoneyPass ATMs". Business Wire (Press release). June 27, 2006. External link in
- ↑ "KeyCorp Adds the MoneyPass Network to Its Growing Agent Bank ATM Program". Business Wire (Press release). May 31, 2005. External link in
- ↑ "Key Bank Signs Up With MoneyPass". June 7, 2005. https://www.cutimes.com/2005/06/07/key-bank-signs-up-with-moneypass/?slreturn=20200602173034.
- ↑ "U.S. Bank Offers Surcharge-Free Transactions at MoneyPass ATMs for Kroger Prepaid Debit Cardholders". Business Wire (Press release). July 23, 2012. External link in
- ↑ "7-Eleven Customers Will Have Opportunity for Surcharge-Free ATMs". August 3, 2017. https://csnews.com/7-eleven-customers-will-have-opportunity-surcharge-free-atms.
- ↑ Kilgore, Tomi (September 25, 2018). "Fiserv to buy U.S. Bancorp unit's debt-card processing, ATM services and MoneyPass for $690 million". https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fiserv-to-buy-us-bancorp-units-debt-card-processing-atm-services-and-moneypass-for-690-million-2018-09-25.
- ↑ "A successful handoff: MoneyPass makes the transition to Fiserv". March 19, 2019. https://www.atmmarketplace.com/articles/a-successful-handoff-moneypass-makes-the-transition-to-fiserv/.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoneyPass. Read more