Organization:Jeová Rafá Theological Institute
The Jeová Rafá Theological Institute (Portuguese: Instituto Teológico Jeová Rafá) is an independent non-denominational institution of higher education in Itapipoca, Ceará State (CE), in northeast Brazil . It is one of a significant number of Evangelical Christian educational institutions in Brazil offering theological qualifications primarily by distance learning. The institute offers online courses ranging from foundation, bachelors, masters, to doctoral degrees.
History and accreditation
The Jeová Rafá Theological Institute, also known as ITEF, was founded in 2015 and is currently led by its director, Rev'd Dr Clesilvio de Castro Sousa. Its qualifications are recognised under Brazilian law as "free" (exempt) courses (or cursos livres in Portuguese) not requiring specific recognition by the MEC (Ministério da Educação), the Brazilian Ministry of Education. The laws regulating cursos livres apply to a wide range of vocational and distance learning courses. Examples include courses for languages, security, and IT. In the case of courses designated for the exercise of religious ministry and religious education the exempt qualifications are defined by the legal term interna corporis, or for 'in-house' use within a social entity, such as a church or seminary.
- Religious Institutions in Betânia, Itapipoca, Ceará: https://cnpj.biz/34641303000105 accessed 29 February 2020
- Craig Ott and Harold A. Netland, Globalizing Theology: Belief and Practice in an Era of World Christianity, Baker Academic, Grand Rapids MI, 2006, pp. 272-274.
- Jeová Rafá Theological Institute, https://itefead.com/ accessed 29 February 2020
- Profile: Director Presidente, https://itefead.com/administracao.php accessed 29 February 2020
- 'Cursos livres são mais procurados do que os autorizados pelo MEC' - artigo sobre isenção de certificação pelo Ministério da Educação ('Exempt courses are more popular than those authorised by the MEC' - article on exemption of certification by the Ministry of Education) in O Globo (leading national newspaper) 22 September 2012, http://g1.globo.com/jornal-da-globo/noticia/2012/09/cursos-livres-sao-mais-procurados-do-que-os-autorizados-pelo-mec.html 29 February 2020
- MEC - Cursos de Extensão (Distance Learning) Perguntas Frequentes (FAQs), http://portal.mec.gov.br/component/content/400-secretarias-112877938/seres-regulacao-e-supervisao-da-educacao-superio-1288707557/18540-perguntas-frequentes-seres#Cursos%20de%20Extensão accessed 29 February 2020
- MEC - Cursos de Extensão (Distance Learning), http://www.brasil.gov.br/educacao/2011/02/extensao accessed 29 February 2020
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Jeová Rafá Theological Institute. Read more