Organization:Udon Thani Rajabhat University
|Established||July 1, 1923|
Udon Thani, Thailand
|Campus||Udon Thani (Main Campus)|
Bueng Kan Campus
Sam Phrao Campus
|Green and yellow|u}}rs||Green and yellow|
Udon Thani Rajabhat University (UDRU) is a university in Udon Thani, northeast Thailand. It confers associate, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees.
- 1923: School founded as the "Teacher Training School in Agriculture Udon Thani".
- 1930: Its name was changed to "Teacher Training School" (men-only initially).
- 1958: Name changed to "Udon Thani Teachers' Training School".
- 1960: Upgraded in status to "Udon Thani Teachers' College".
- 1975: Following passage of the "Teachers' College Act", Udon Thani Teachers' College was permitted to offer bachelor's degrees.
- 1992: King Bhumibol Adulyadej granted the name "Rajabhat Institute" ("Rajabhat" means "people of the king") to teachers' colleges nationwide.
- 2003: In 2003 the "Rajabhat University Act" was passed.
- 2004: Udon Thani Rajabhat Institute assumed university status on 15 June and adopted the new name "Udon Thani Rajabhat University".
The university has three campuses:
- Main Campus Udon Thani
- Bueng Kan Campus
- Sam Phrao Campus
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Management Science
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Nursing
In July 2013, the university was ranked 65th best in Thailand by Webometrics.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udon Thani Rajabhat University. Read more