Organization:University of Science and Technology, Sanaa
جامعة العلوم و التكنولوجيا
|National College for Science and Technology|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Hameed M. Aklan|
University of Science and Technology, Yemen USTY is a private for-profit university in Sanaa, Yemen. The university is led by an independent Board of Trustees and offers programs that lead to bachelor's, master's, and PhD degrees. It also operates the separate University of Science and Technology Hospital where medical students are also based as part of their education.
It was established in 1994 as the College of Science and Technology and was later renamed to the University of Science and Technology. Aside from its main campus in Sana'a, it also has five other branches in other Yemeni cities like Aden, Taiz, Ibb, Hadhramaut and Hodiedah.
List of Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- Faculty of Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Open Learning
- Deanship of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research
In addition to faculties, USTY has centers that offer educational, consultation, research and development services, training courses and workshops for either individuals or organizations. The centers play a great role and make positive contribution to community development, create awareness and provide skills and training in education-related areas. The following are Research Centers.
Research and Consultation Centers
- Consultation and Development Center
- Center of Islamic Finance and Banking
- GIS Center
- Renewable Energy and Electronic Design Center
- Water and Environment Center
- Engineering Consultancy and Research Center
- Center for Research and Pharmaceutical Studies
- Teaching and Learning Center
- Center for Arabic Language and Eastern Studies CALES
- International Language Center
- Computer Center for Training and Systems
- Talent Development Center
- Biomedical Equipment Calibration and Consultation Center
- Media Training, Production, and Consulting Center
- University Book Center
- Research Center for Molecular Biology
- Center Medical Education and Training
- Tawakel Karman earned an undergraduate degree in Commerce. She was awarded the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize. She is the first Yemeni citizen and first Arab woman to win a Nobel Prize.
Since its inception, USTY has exerted great efforts and attention to register its students' patents and push them towards outstanding innovations at the regional and international levels. For instance, USTY engineering students have won the 6th position out of 10 projects for their design of low cost leakage current tester in the competition that has been organized by the Engineering World Health on August 8, 2013. Later, two other engineering students won the award of "Babakr" organization for innovation in Yemen for their outstanding innovations: "Device for the Quality of Intensive Care Ventilator Devices", invented by: Hussan Yousif Al-Hitari, " Fetal Duopler" invented by: Omar Shami, Tawfiq Al-Bakri, Murad Soubaih, and Hasan Amron.
- Dawood Al-Hidabi 1994 - 2007
- Abdulfattah Thiyab 2007 -2009
- Hameed M. Aklan 2009–present
- "In Addition To Possessing Mental Abilities People Have To Have Commitment Of Heart And Soul For Them To Succeed". The Yemen Times. 8 December 2009. http://www.yementimes.com/DefaultDET.aspx?i=893&p=report&a=1.
- Amira Al-Sharif (8 December 2009). "Sana’a Through The Eyes Of Malaysian Artists". The Yemen Times. http://www.yementimes.com/DefaultDET.aspx?i=1256&p=report&a=2.
- "About Us | University of Science and Technology". https://www.ust.edu/enj/about-univ/about-ust. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "About Us | University of Science and Technology Hospital". https://www.usthyemen.com/english/aboutus.php. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- C. Jacobs. 24 Oct 2011. "Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Tawakkul Karman – A Profile." Middle East Research Institute, Inquiry & Analysis Series Report No.752. Retrieved 24 October 2011 MEMRI
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ University of Science and Technology, Sanaa. Read more