|Producer||Centre for Digital Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario (Canada)|
|Record depth||Index and abstract|
|Format coverage||journals, books, open access archives, and personal web pages|
PhilPapers is an interactive academic database of journal articles in philosophy. It is maintained by the Centre for Digital Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario, and as of 2022, it has "394,867 registered users, including the majority of professional philosophers and graduate students." The general editors are its founders, David Bourget and David Chalmers.
PhilPapers receives financial support from other organizations, including a substantial grant in early 2009 from the Joint Information Systems Committee in the United Kingdom. The archive is praised for its comprehensiveness and organization, and for its regular updates. In addition to archiving papers, the editors run and publish the most extensive ongoing survey of academic philosophers.
- ↑ Ichikawa, Ernest Sosa Jonathan (2010). Intuition: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford UP. p. 5. ISBN 9780199808885. https://books.google.com/books?id=XHBH04RnskMC&pg=PA5. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "About PhilPapers". https://philpapers.org/help/about.html.
- ↑ David Bourget, "PhilPapers awarded JISC funding", PhilPapers 6 April 2009.
- ↑ Press, Oxford University (2010). Metaphysics of Mind: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford UP. p. 4. ISBN 9780199808984. https://books.google.com/books?id=ZIPLc-yGSvkC&pg=PA4. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- ↑ Hesse-Biber, Sharlene Nagy (2011). Handbook of Feminist Research: Theory and Praxis. SAGE. p. 138. ISBN 9781412980593. https://books.google.com/books?id=RMBWm7bEsL4C&pg=PT138. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- ↑ Bourget, David; Chalmers, David J. (2014). "What do philosophers believe?". Philosophical Studies 170 (3): 465–500. doi:10.1007/s11098-013-0259-7. ISSN 0031-8116. https://philpapers.org/rec/BOUWDP.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhilPapers. Read more