|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Champaran is a region of Bihar in India. It is now divided into an East Champaran district and a West Champaran district.
- Manoj Bajpai – Indian film actor
- Dinesh Bhramar – poet and noted figure in Hindi and Bhojpuri literature
- Anuranjan Jha – Indian journalist
- Prakash Jha – Indian filmmaker
- Ramesh Chandra Jha – Indian poet, novelist and freedom fighter
- Abdullah Khan – novelist and screenwriter
- Ravish Kumar – Indian journalist
- Gopal Singh Nepali – Indian poet of Hindi literature, Bollywood lyricist
- George Orwell – English novelist, essayist, journalist and critic
- Kedar Pandey – Congress leader and ex-Chief Minister of Bihar
- Afroz Alam Sahil – Indian journalist
- Raj Kumar Shukla – indigo cultivator, activist
- Radha Mohan Singh – Indian politician
- "Champaran Gramodyog Sansthan". http://www.champaran.org.
- Singh, Shankar Dayal. Gandhi's first step: Champaran movement, by B.R. Pub. Corp., 1994. ISBN:81-7018-834-2.
- Chakrabarti D.K. (1996b). From Purnea to Champaran: The distribution of sites in the north Bihar plains. South Asian Studies, 12:pp. 147–158
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champaran. Read more