Verapaz or Vera Paz was a historical region in the Spanish colonial Captaincy General of Guatemala.
The Verapaz region is currently divided into three Departments of Guatemala and four (three full, one partial) Districts of Belize:
- Alta Verapaz Department — capital city, Cobán.
- Baja Verapaz Department — capital city, Salamá.
- Izabal Department - capital city, Puerto Barrios.
- Toledo District - capital city, Punta Gorda.
- Stann Creek District - capital city, Dangriga.
- Cayo District - capital city, San Ignacio.
- (part of) Belize District - capital city, Belize.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verapaz, Guatemala. Read more