S5P4418 is a system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on the 32-bit ARMv7-A architecture for tablets and cell-phones.
S5P4418 uses the ARM Cortex-A9 in a quad core configuration, the latter provides a 50% overall performance boost over the earlier Cortex-A8 core. The SoC memory controller supports a maximum memory bandwidth of 6.4GB/s for heavy traffic operations such as 1080p video encoding and decoding, 3D graphics display and high resolution image signal processing with a Full HD display. The application processor supports dynamic virtual address mapping, which helps software engineers to fully utilize the memory resources with ease. The S5P4418 features the Mali-400MP graphics processing unit which supports OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0. The native dual display, in particular, supports Full HD resolution of a main LCD display and 1080p 60 frame HDTV display throughout HDMI, simultaneously.
- 28 nm HKMG process.
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 at 1.4 GHz
- ARM Mali-400MP GPU
- Full-HD Multi Format Video Codec
- Supports MLC/SLC NAND Flash with Hardwired ECC algorithm (4/8/12/16/24/40/60-bit)
- Dual Display up to 2048x1280, TFT-LCD, LVDS, HDMI 1.4a, MIPI-DSI output
- Supports various memory types: x32 LPDDR3 up to 667 MHz (TBD), Low Voltage DDR3 , DDR3 up to 800 MHz
- 3 channel ITUR.BT 656 Parallel Video Interface and MIPI-CSI
- Security functions (AES, DES/TDES, SHA-1, MD5 and PRNG) and Secure JTAG
- ARTIK530 — ARTIK530 is Samsung IoT module optimized for IoT gateway or devices with modest video and processing requirements.
- MINI4418 — MINI4418 module is the Computer-on-Module that Boardcon designed for embedded solutions.
- EM4418 — A single board computer features Samsung S5P4418 processor with 1GB RAM and 4GB eMMC Flash.
This article uses only URLs for external sources. (2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article does not cite any external source. HandWiki requires at least one external source. See citing external sources. (2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)